Lucid dreams are dreams in which you know you are dreaming. You then

Have you had lucid dreams?

• I don't even remember dreams

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't dream.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Re: Dreams!!!

I had a dream that some bad uptown angel kicked my behind so hard and far that I flew right past death and was seeing death from the other side of it. Don't ask, I have no idea.

LISAB! .. hi.

lisab

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member

Evo

Mentor

Lucid dreams are dreams in which you know you are dreaming. You then can modify the dreams to your own like. For example, in one of my dreams, I suddenly realized that I was dreaming. Then taking advantage of it I boasted to my friends --"Look guys, I will show you something amazing". Then I amazed them by flying. (In lucid dream you can esily do what you like). Then I heard them saying jeleusly to each other --"This stupid is having lucid dreams and now he can fly. Poor us that we aren't dreaming"

Having lucid dream is like playing a full 3d full hd full quality highly real video game. So real that sometimes you even forget you are dreaming.

So, how many of you have had such experience
I have had the ability to direct my dreams since a child. As a matter of fact, that's what I called it, *directed dreaming*. If I didn't like the way a dream was going, I could stop and rewind it and make the outcome different. I always had control of my dreams. I was really surprised to find out that other people did not have this ability.

:smile: hi back at you!
High5 Green Forest Fairy!

When I was a little girl I saw Santa Claus by the Christmas tree. I was 5. I was a wake-ish. I was standing in the doorway to the living room looking in.

This type of experience became a regular event mostly when working the night shift. I would only half way wake up so I was still dreaming while functioning in a waking state.

There is a name for that.

I don't get many dreams but I do get lucid dreams. I don't play with my bad dreams however I love doing that with good dreams. Last night was rather a bad dream and I was bit younger in it. All my toenail was red and that made my mom well worried but not so my dad. And then my mom put a duct tape on it :smile:

Does anyone else have the ability to fly in dreams but are height challanged? I can only get about 12 feet off the ground on a good night. Sometimes my feet are dragging. Whats with this. I need to go to flying school?

Duct tape, a woman's best friend. :biggrin:

Duct tape, a woman's best friend. :biggrin:
I left my dream at that moment wondering if we were that poor in the dream. :rofl: I didn't go back into my dream, I wasn't really enjoying it.

Does anyone else have the ability to fly in dreams but are height challanged? I can only get about 12 feet off the ground on a good night. Sometimes my feet are dragging. Whats with this. I need to go to flying school?
I get something along those lines, when I start becoming aware it's a dream my vision becomes affected. It's like I can't open my eyes enough, but they feel open. I strain to open them, but it persists - and then the jolt wakes me up.

I left my dream at that moment wondering if we were that poor in the dream. :rofl: I didn't go back into my dream, I wasn't really enjoying it.
Nothing worse than waking from a really bad dream you don't enjoy and then ending up falling back asleep straight back into it.

Yep, I think it has to do with the limits of our ability to imagine free-flgiht.

If you parachuted, I'd bet you could get more than 12' in dreams.

Duct tape is EVERYONE's best friend... without duct tape the world would literally fall apart. I am convinced of this... or am I dreaming?

"Life is a dream..."

Nothing worse than waking from a really bad dream you don't enjoy and then ending up falling back asleep straight back into it.
Heh, Like Evo I did a "rewind" once just because of that... it is AWFUL.

I was young, I dreamed that a teddy bear was constricted and killed by a snake. I rewound, and removed the teddy bear, left the snake be.

*sigh*... life is odd.

Rewind, huh, showing your age people. Old school VHS there. I chapter skip!

Rewind, huh, showing your age people. Old school VHS there. I chapter skip!
:cry:

That hit home... remind me to send you a headstone when you turn 30. :wink:

Evo

Mentor

When I want to fly I just spread out my arms and lift off the ground, usually stay about 6 feet off the ground. I'm afraid of heights.

I get something along those lines, when I start becoming aware it's a dream my vision becomes affected. It's like I can't open my eyes enough, but they feel open. I strain to open them, but it persists - and then the jolt wakes me up.
Right, it has something to do with an awareness of what we are doing in the dream. Perhaps that mixes with our logic of it not being possible together with if I'm doing this then how am I doing this and that is usually when I start to scrape the pavement. So many times through life I wake up "KNOWING" how to fly, and it vanishes quickly. :yuck:
nasmir, your right too, it must have something to do with our current potential. What i don't know.

When I want to fly I just spread out my arms and lift off the ground, usually stay about 6 feet off the ground. I'm afraid of heights.
6 ft sounds right. But are you stopping yourself from going higher? Do you feel yourself going higher but you will yourself down?

Dreams are one of the few things I'll call genuinely mysterious... they are... odd, so many unlike others.

@Lacy33: Thinking of flight and rising in metaphorical terms, or am I reading too much in?

Dreams are one of the few things I'll call genuinely mysterious... they are... odd, so many unlike others.

@Lacy33: Thinking of flight and rising in metaphorical terms, or am I reading too much in?
Yeah R. Judah Loew ben Bezalel Nasmir, your reading too much into my comments.
Warning! Shallow Comments
NO DIVING
Go make something. Good luck finding wergin clay.

lisab

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member

NO DIVING
:rofl:

NO DIVING
Pffft... you know I would sooner cut off my hand than play with that clay.

@Lisab: Isn't she awesome?! :biggrin:

edit: New element to my sig, thank you Lacy!

Evo

Mentor

6 ft sounds right. But are you stopping yourself from going higher? Do you feel yourself going higher but you will yourself down?
Yeah, I don't want to go higher, I want to be able to put my feet down on the ground if something happens.

jhae2.718

Gold Member

Just bring a parachute.