Lucid dreams are dreams in which you know you are dreaming. You then

Have you had lucid dreams?

• I don't even remember dreams

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't dream.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Re: Dreams!!!

I'm never in control of my dreams even if I realize I'm dreaming.

Yeah, I don't want to go higher, I want to be able to put my feet down on the ground if something happens.
Don't know what it means to want to be able to put your feet down if something happens. That is something deep in your thoughts. But I do know that feeling of putting arms out and lifting off.
If we are going to levitate or fly in our dreams why would we be putting our arms out? Why go horizontal? Why not just lift up off the ground vertical? Why not float up and do backwards somersaults. Does anyone do that? Anyone who deams like that is a very lucky person I think.

Besides all that. Do you ever find yourself flying and then fall sharply into a waking state. Yuck! Don't you just hate that feeling?

Besides all that. Do you ever find yourself flying and then fall sharply into a waking state. Yuck! Don't you just hate that feeling?
I often trip over a curb and "fall awake" (we all know the feeling).

Bit specific for my liking, I'd at least like some variety.

Now, what do you think of poll result?
Whether physicsforumers are more lucid dreamers than general public Or Only lucid dreamers have enough interest to poll in a 'Dreams' thread??

@DR13: It's no guarantee, but Serena is not far off; being aware without the knack or a lot of practice is tough, and often wakes you right up.

One old trick is to set your alarm for roughly 5 hours after you go to sleep. Wake up, but don't do anything, and rapidly try to go back to sleep while focusing on your awareness. sleep cycles come more rapidly, and last for less time the longer you've been sleeping, so you can jump back into REM pretty quickly, maintaining awareness all the while.

One thing... it can be disturbing, because on the way you WILL experience hypnogogic hallucination, but then it can be fun too. If you find yourself waking in the dream, try changing the scenary or just spinning about in a circle. I haven't the faintest as to why, but it often works.
I've been trying this for the past few days and last night it finally worked! THANK YOU!!!

I have many of the same problems as you guys when lucid dreaming. I remember the 2nd one i've ever had I was able to fly just like superman, but that was the only time i've ever been able to do it. Other times I've come close by jumping hundreds of feet in the air, but recently I've been pretty much grounded. I'll try the parachute trick next time. Will a jetpack work too? lol

I also noticed that most of my lucid dreams are dreams within dreams. Oftentimes, the higher level dream is just me in bed, but I know it's a dream because the lighting outside is entirely different from what it would be at 5-8AM. Sometimes the dreams within dreams are just like in Inception where there's actually a few more hours in the higher level dream after waking up from the deeper one. Does anyone else experience this?

Lastly, the more I use "powers" in lucid dreams, the weaker they get over time. In fact, I realized that I am "strongest" before I realize that I am dreaming. Does anyone have any solutions to this problem?

Lucid dreaming is a waste of time. Takes a lot of time and effort keeping a dream journal and stuff like MILD, WBTB.

You can't have a cake and eat it too.

Lucid dreaming is a waste of time. Takes a lot of time and effort keeping a dream journal and stuff like MILD, WBTB.

You can't have a cake and eat it too.
You don't have to keep a journal to lucid dream. I think people write down their dreams because they were so awesome that they want to keep the memory forever. At least that's why I write the occasional one down...

WBTM, MILD, and WILD are techniques that help you lucid dream and they cost you MAYBE 20 minutes of your day. In exchange for being a GOD for a couple of hours, it's a small price to pay...

You don't have to keep a journal to lucid dream. I think people write down their dreams because they were so awesome that they want to keep the memory forever. At least that's why I write the occasional one down...

WBTM, MILD, and WILD are techniques that help you lucid dream and they cost you MAYBE 20 minutes of your day. In exchange for being a GOD for a couple of hours, it's a small price to pay...
It all sounds so delusional, unrealistic, and solipsistic! Keeping memories of a dream world. Being a God for some time? Not to mention the constant RC's that have to be done (during the day) in order to maintain this "God status". :uhh: No thanks.

It all sounds so delusional, unrealistic, and solipsistic! Keeping memories of a dream world. Being a God for some time? Not to mention the constant RC's that have to be done (during the day) in order to maintain this "God status". :uhh: No thanks.
I bet You don't like video games. Even if you like/play you always use cheat codes so that you become hero easily.

I bet You don't like video games. Even if you like/play you always use cheat codes so that you become hero easily.
:confused:

I love the 'flying' dreams. No height limits. Sometimes I am flying an aeroplane (open top), sometimes I just take off from walking, running etc. I love getting an aerial view of tree-tops, jumping over buildings, cities, etc. :D

Real-life airplane travel is :( when compared to these. No bad side-effects (ear block, nose pain, face burn, nausea, headache ), just the wind-rushing and tummy-thrill feeling :). All the flying dreams I remember (a handful in total) are very adventurous/thrilling sort
. I don't know whether I don't have calm flight dreams or I just don't remember them.

But the frequency of the flying dreams decreased as age increased :(

I love my flying dreams, solution dreams, intrinsic detail dreams, book dreams.

*solution dreams - solutions to equations, debugging. I sometimes depend on these ;)
*intrinsic detail dreams - zoom in on something in nature (plants, cauliflower :D) to amazing depths. On waking, the feeling is indescribable. I will be awestruck for the whole/half day thinking about it.
*book dreams - I read pages, chapters of imaginary written stuff. lol.

If I am worried about some current situation in life, I also get 'moral of current situation' dreams - on introspection, it will always be indirectly correct & very simple but still I don't like these too much & if it gets too crazy, usually some item in the dream intersects with real life and I wake up abruptly.

Sometimes I become aware that it is a dream and still continue dreaming but I don't remember manipulating the dreams while dreaming.
Sometimes I try to continue with the dream thread while exercising options but I think I am awake while doing this.

And yes, sometimes I get that fall/jerk/trip abrupt return to consciousness. Though I have tried to capture what gave me that feeling , I don't think I remember how or why this happens. I find it odd but I recognise it and so don't get disturbed (I just find it very curious) and I return to sleep almost immediately.

1. How many have had out-of-body dreams where you have looked down upon yourself asleep?
2. Has anyone had a black & white dream ?
[ Someone once asked whether people dreamt in colour (which I do) and I wonder whether the opposite happens to anyone & why :? ]
3. How many experience deja-vu dilemmas?

Last edited: