Magnetic Field of a Line between two wires

In summary, the conversation discusses two wires with equal but opposite currents and how they create a magnetic field at a certain point between them. The direction of the magnetic field is determined by the right hand rule and the final answer is that the magnetic field is null at the point between the two wires. The conversation also includes a link to a Khan Academy video for further understanding.
Litdaze

Homework Statement

Two wires with the same intensity but with opposite directions.
The magnetic field of the middle line between the two wires is:
3a8dd7f1ebd62e3272e70dd562a0ac26.png

a) (X)
b) (o)
c) Parallel between the two wires
d) Null
e) Non of the above.

Homework Equations

N/A

The Attempt at a Solution

Knowing that they both colide in the middle since the top wire goes (X) on the bottom and (o) at the top, while the bottom wire does the opposite.

I can't figure if it's Parallel or Null. Can someone explain me which one is the right one? I used the right hand rule.

Physics news on Phys.org
The place they're asking about is below the top current, and above the bottom current.
Yes, the top current makes B inward (x) there ... what does the bottom current do there?

btw, it is "same Indicated current" I, but in opposite directions.

both currents make B there into the page ... can these contributions cancel?

5e5700b32d17c7352cc8a5e329b5e01d.png

I did this to understand a little more, They both go to (X)... I was confusing this with wires that go in the same direction.

well, the wires just sit there, not going anywhere ... it it their currents that go left and right.

Yes, I managed to figure out thanks to you all, Thank you.

1. What is a magnetic field?

A magnetic field is an invisible force generated by moving electric charges. It is responsible for the attraction or repulsion between magnetic objects.

2. How is the magnetic field of a line between two wires calculated?

The magnetic field of a line between two wires can be calculated using the formula B = μ0 * I / 2πr, where B is the magnetic field strength, μ0 is the permeability of free space, I is the current flowing through the wires, and r is the distance from the wires.

3. How does the direction of the current affect the magnetic field?

The direction of the current determines the direction of the magnetic field. The magnetic field lines will form concentric circles around the wire in the direction determined by the right-hand rule.

4. How does the distance between the wires affect the magnetic field?

The magnetic field strength decreases as the distance from the wires increases. This is because the field is spread out over a larger area, resulting in a weaker field at a greater distance.

5. What factors can affect the strength of the magnetic field between two wires?

The strength of the magnetic field between two wires can be affected by the current flowing through the wires, the distance between the wires, and the material the wires are made of. Other factors, such as the shape and orientation of the wires, can also have an impact on the magnetic field strength.