Making conductive glass with tin (II) chloride for a photovoltaic cell

  • Thread starter Thread starter mrjeffy321
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Glass
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
33 replies · 64K views
Thank you so much, for answering my question. Have you ever used transparent conductive glass before? :smile:
 
Chemistry news on Phys.org
Yeah, I use FTO just about everyday, and occasionally use ITO. The advantage to ITO is that it can be deposited on Temp-sensitive things, like plastic, or rather I believe this is so b/c I've never seen FTO on plastic. SnO2 is transparent in all it's mildly doped forms as deposited on glasses and plastics that I've used. I say "transparent", but in actuallity there is an internal reflection and index of refraction scattering that leads to ~4% loss of light, depending on the wavelength.
 
Hi,
That's good to know... I would like to buy FTO coated glass... but it is kind of hard to find vendors... although I found out that I can buy it from Pilkington and AFG can you tell me your source?
Thank you very much
 
Hello everyone,

dyesol sales conductive glass they have 10ohm square meter and 8ohm square meter.
I think this are good conductive glasses with attractive price.

have a look at https://secure.dyesol.com/index.php?template=TestCell
 
Last edited by a moderator: