Malicious Site Nonsense: Antivirus Blocking Issues

• Thread starter bp_psy
  • Start date
In summary, I have had my site blocked by my antivirus software twice in the last few days. The first time happened when I was trying to enter a thread on the site, and the last time was the actual PF thread got blocked. I am doing a full system scan to see if I don't have something nasty on my end.
bp_psy
Is it only me or anyone else get this site blocked by their antivirus in the last few days?

Physics news on Phys.org
Didn't happen to me.

What browser and what antivirus software do you use?

I am moving the thread to feedback.

No, I've been on a lot last couple of days and have seen nothing amiss.

I use both IE and FireFox and have Norton System 360

I am using Firefox and Norton Internet Security.Two times It happened I was trying to enter a thread and got redirected to some unknown site that got automatically blocked as a malicious site. And the last time the actual PF thread got blocked.
I am doing a full system scan to see if I don't have something nasty on my end.

bp_psy said:
I am using Firefox and Norton Internet Security.Two times It happened I was trying to enter a thread and got redirected to some unknown site that got automatically blocked as a malicious site. And the last time the actual PF thread got blocked.
I am doing a full system scan to see if I don't have something nasty on my end.
Oh, it's either viglink or vigilink, I get redirected to both from here. viglink is an advertising thing and is tied to the forum, and vigilink is tracking, I checked the vigilink and mine seemed to be coming from my cable company according to HP.

Strange. I use firefox to get to physicsforums from 3 different computers with 3 different operating systms, never had such a problem. I also use Norton on one of these computers. I do see that scripts run from viglink (using a tool that tracks such things), but it never caused this symptom for me.

PAllen said:
Strange. I use firefox to get to physicsforums from 3 different computers with 3 different operating systms, never had such a problem. I also use Norton on one of these computers. I do see that scripts run from viglink (using a tool that tracks such things), but it never caused this symptom for me.
Norton thinks TV Guide cookies are malicious and is the only "threat" it finds monthly. :rolleyes:

Evo said:
Norton thinks TV Guide cookies are malicious and is the only "threat" it finds monthly. :rolleyes:

That I do see, and ignore, on the computer using Norton.

Evo said:

Lucky! I'd swear that my IT department has a quota. Each month I get a list more absurd than the previous month's about all of the dangerous things I've done. My favorite entry is:

"Refreshed browser twice within 5 seconds."

FlexGunship said:
"Refreshed browser twice within 5 seconds."

If your IT deparment is the same as most, they probably can't figure out how you are getting fast enough response to display a page in less than 5 MINUTES.

And if they DO figure it out, they will then start working on a way to stop it...

Related to Malicious Site Nonsense: Antivirus Blocking Issues

What is Malicious Site Nonsense?

Malicious Site Nonsense refers to a type of cyber threat that involves the use of malicious websites or web pages to distribute malware or steal sensitive information from unsuspecting users.

What are the signs of an Antivirus Blocking Issue?

Some common signs of an antivirus blocking issue include frequent pop-up warnings or notifications about potentially harmful websites, slow system performance, and difficulty accessing certain websites or programs.

How can I protect my computer from Malicious Site Nonsense?

To protect your computer from Malicious Site Nonsense, it is important to have a reliable antivirus program installed and regularly updated. Additionally, you should be cautious when clicking on links or downloading files from unknown sources and avoid visiting suspicious websites.

What should I do if I encounter an Antivirus Blocking Issue?

If you encounter an antivirus blocking issue, you should first try to identify the specific website or program that is being blocked and then run a full system scan with your antivirus software. If the issue persists, you may need to seek help from a professional IT support team.

Can Malicious Site Nonsense be removed completely?

Yes, with the right tools and techniques, Malicious Site Nonsense can be completely removed from your computer. However, it is important to take preventive measures and be cautious when browsing the internet to avoid encountering such threats in the first place.