Man tries to rob woman in wheel chair!

• Thread starter scott1
  • Start date
NEW YORK -- Margaret Johnson's wheelchair might have made her look like an easy target. But when a mugger tried to grab a chain off her neck Friday, the 56-year-old pulled out her licensed .357 pistol and shot him, police said.
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/W/WHEELCHAIR_SHOOTER?SITE=CAANG&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT [Broken]
It's terrible and sad how people take advantage of helpless handicap people:biggrin:

Last edited by a moderator:

Evo

Mentor
Good for her!!

WTG Ms, Johnson!

Danger

Gold Member
It's a good thing that she was going to the range to practice if she only managed to get him in the elbow from that distance. :rolleyes:

JasonRox

Homework Helper
Gold Member
Danger said:
It's a good thing that she was going to the range to practice if she only managed to get him in the elbow from that distance. :rolleyes:
I don't think her intentions were to severely harm someone who is only stealing a necklace.

Some people go overboard when it comes to self-defence and end up getting charged themselves. Anyways, she did what she had to do.

Mk

I don't know if I would shoot somebody from trying to take my necklace. Then again, you don't know what they are going to do. HEADSHOT!!! :devil:

JasonRox

Homework Helper
Gold Member
Mk said:
I don't know if I would shoot somebody from trying to take my necklace.
Some people think when they are getting attacked that they have a self-defense door open and can do whatever it takes to stop the person. In reality, you can't do whatever it takes. It has to be reasonable.

For someone who is not on a wheelchair, shooting a gun like the lady would have led to charges.

Couldn't she have just as easily threatened him with it instead of actually shooting? I agree it seems overboard.

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
JasonRox said:
I don't think her intentions were to severely harm someone who is only stealing a necklace.
The first rule of firearm defense is that you never pull a gun on someone unless you fully intend to use it.

Second rule: If you have to shoot, shoot to kill.

In Oregon, we don't need guns.

PORTLAND, Ore. - A nurse returning from work discovered an intruder armed with a hammer in her home and strangled him with her bare hands, police said.

Susan Kuhnhausen, 51, then ran to a neighbor's house Wednesday night to report the intruder, identified as Edward Dalton Haffey, 59, whose body was found by police.[continued]
http://www.katu.com/news/story.asp?ID=88966 [Broken]

In our case, Tsu is heavily armed. She doesn't like messing up her nails with all of that messy strangling.

Last edited by a moderator:

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
I love Oregon women! They're like Texans!

JasonRox

Homework Helper
Gold Member
Neighbors said Kuhnhausen's size - 5 foot 7 inches tall and 260 pounds - may have given her an advantage.
She probably ran him over and then jumped on him, which was probably the true cause of death... then later strangled him.

Last edited:

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
JasonRox said:
Yeah those big old Oregons.
So you are saying that all Oregon and Texas women are fat?

JasonRox

Homework Helper
Gold Member
Ivan Seeking said:
So you are saying that all Oregon and Texas women are fat?
It was only relating to the article.

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
The point was that your comments were in poor taste. :biggrin:

No doubt, at 260 she had a slight advantage.

JasonRox

Homework Helper
Gold Member
Ivan Seeking said:
The point was that your comments were in poor taste. :biggrin:

No doubt, at 260 she had a slight advantage.
Maybe I should take that comment out to avoid any further confusion.

Just shows the sad state of health care in this country. Some poor guy is reduced to robbing women in his wheel chair. Reminds me of the time I shot an elephant in my pajamas.

Mk

If you have to shoot, shoot to kill.
I am not much of a pacifist, but I am pretty against that. Shoot them in the leg or the arm, and hope you miss any arteries, when violent crime is intended (not by you).

Any city newspaper~ Police fired 83 rounds, suspect was treated for smoke inhalation and a punctured eardrum.

Don't ask police to be marksmen.

You don't shoot someone unless a life is in danger and if a life is in danger you shoot to end that danger as fast and as surely as possible.

Mk

Which is neutrilizing the threat by shooting out their legs, and perhaps arms.

Mk said:
Which is neutrilizing the threat by shooting out their legs, and perhaps arms.
In the legs there are some major artires so you don't want to shot them in the legs.