2. jcsd
  3. Evo

Staff: Mentor

Good for her!!

4. WTG Ms, Johnson!

5. Danger

Danger 9,879
    Gold Member

It's a good thing that she was going to the range to practice if she only managed to get him in the elbow from that distance. :rolleyes:

6. JasonRox

JasonRox 2,327
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

I don't think her intentions were to severely harm someone who is only stealing a necklace.

Some people go overboard when it comes to self-defence and end up getting charged themselves. Anyways, she did what she had to do.

7. I don't know if I would shoot somebody from trying to take my necklace. Then again, you don't know what they are going to do. HEADSHOT!!! :devil:

8. JasonRox

JasonRox 2,327
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Some people think when they are getting attacked that they have a self-defense door open and can do whatever it takes to stop the person. In reality, you can't do whatever it takes. It has to be reasonable.

For someone who is not on a wheelchair, shooting a gun like the lady would have led to charges.

9. Couldn't she have just as easily threatened him with it instead of actually shooting? I agree it seems overboard.

10. Ivan Seeking

Ivan Seeking 12,519
    Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

The first rule of firearm defense is that you never pull a gun on someone unless you fully intend to use it.

Second rule: If you have to shoot, shoot to kill.

In Oregon, we don't need guns.

http://www.katu.com/news/story.asp?ID=88966

In our case, Tsu is heavily armed. She doesn't like messing up her nails with all of that messy strangling.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2006
  11. Math Is Hard

Math Is Hard 4,915
    Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I love Oregon women! They're like Texans!

12. JasonRox

JasonRox 2,327
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

She probably ran him over and then jumped on him, which was probably the true cause of death... then later strangled him.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2006
  13. Ivan Seeking

Ivan Seeking 12,519
    Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

So you are saying that all Oregon and Texas women are fat?

14. JasonRox

JasonRox 2,327
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

It was only relating to the article.

15. Ivan Seeking

Ivan Seeking 12,519
    Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

The point was that your comments were in poor taste. :biggrin:

No doubt, at 260 she had a slight advantage.

16. JasonRox

JasonRox 2,327
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Maybe I should take that comment out to avoid any further confusion.

17. Just shows the sad state of health care in this country. Some poor guy is reduced to robbing women in his wheel chair. Reminds me of the time I shot an elephant in my pajamas.

18. I am not much of a pacifist, but I am pretty against that. Shoot them in the leg or the arm, and hope you miss any arteries, when violent crime is intended (not by you).

19. Any city newspaper~ Police fired 83 rounds, suspect was treated for smoke inhalation and a punctured eardrum.

Don't ask police to be marksmen.

You don't shoot someone unless a life is in danger and if a life is in danger you shoot to end that danger as fast and as surely as possible.

20. Which is neutrilizing the threat by shooting out their legs, and perhaps arms.

21. In the legs there are some major artires so you don't want to shot them in the legs.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share a link to this question via email, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook