Maple 13: Increase resolution of 3D shapes

In summary, the conversation is about how to increase the resolution of 3D shapes when drawing in Maple. The solution is to use the "numpoints" command at the end of the line, and the example application shows the use of this command with a value of 20000.
MarcMTL
Hey all,

I'm sure this is simple, but I can't seem to find the answer in the Maple help section.
When drawing 3D shapes, I want to be able to up the number of dots used to constitute the image, thus increase the resolution of the object.

My spheres are showing up a bit boxy.

SPHERE:=implicitplot3d(x^2+y^2+z^2=1,x=-1..1,y=-1..1,z=-1..1,axes=normal):

What "option" command do I need to add at the end of the line to increase the resolution?

Thanks,

Marc.

Physics news on Phys.org
Just found it.

"numpoints" is what I was looking for.

Example application:
implicitplot3d(x^2+y^2+z^2=1,x=-1..1,y=-1..1,z=-1..1,axes=normal, numpoints=20000):

1. How can I increase the resolution of 3D shapes in Maple 13?

To increase the resolution of 3D shapes in Maple 13, you can use the "Resolution" option under the "Plot3d" command. This allows you to specify the number of grid points in each direction, resulting in a higher resolution image.

2. What is the default resolution for 3D shapes in Maple 13?

The default resolution for 3D shapes in Maple 13 is 20 grid points in each direction. However, you can change this by using the "Resolution" option under the "Plot3d" command.

3. Will increasing the resolution affect the performance of Maple 13?

Yes, increasing the resolution of 3D shapes in Maple 13 can affect the performance of the software. Higher resolution images require more computational power, which may result in longer processing times.

4. Can I adjust the resolution for specific areas of a 3D shape in Maple 13?

Yes, you can adjust the resolution for specific areas of a 3D shape in Maple 13 by using the "RegionResolution" option under the "Plot3d" command. This allows you to specify different resolutions for different regions of the shape.

5. Are there any other methods for increasing the resolution of 3D shapes in Maple 13?

Yes, aside from using the "Resolution" and "RegionResolution" options, you can also try using the "Adaptive" option under the "Plot3d" command. This allows Maple 13 to automatically adjust the resolution based on the complexity of the shape, resulting in a higher resolution image without sacrificing performance.