Masters options for electrical engineering?

In summary, the individual has recently graduated with a B.E.E. and is now considering pursuing a masters degree in engineering. However, they did not enjoy studying electrical engineering and their strengths and interests lie more in management and arts. They are interested in finding a masters program in engineering that utilizes their knowledge in electrical engineering while also incorporating management aspects. They regret not choosing a different field of engineering initially and do not want to repeat the frustration they experienced during their degree. They are also considering computer engineering as a potential field and are looking for a career in management or corporate.
mcfreakston
I graduated with a B.E.E. last year, took some time off now i am planning to pursue a masters degree in engineering. i did graduate with a decent grade but i did not enjoy studying electrical engineering at all. my aptitude is more towards management and arts. are there any masters options in engineering where i can use my electrical engineering knowledge while making sure its not entirely technical? e.g. engineering management.

i know that i should have taken up architecture or civil engineering to begin with but i was young and naive. and i don't want to go through the same frustration that i went through during the last 2 years of my degree.

also , what are your thoughts about computer engineering,
i want a field where i am supposed to be intuitive. i want to pursue a career in management or corporate.

Physics news on Phys.org
mcfreakston said:
I graduated with a B.E.E. last year, took some time off now i am planning to pursue a masters degree in engineering. i did graduate with a decent grade but i did not enjoy studying electrical engineering at all. my aptitude is more towards management and arts. are there any masters options in engineering where i can use my electrical engineering knowledge while making sure its not entirely technical? e.g. engineering management.

i know that i should have taken up architecture or civil engineering to begin with but i was young and naive. and i don't want to go through the same frustration that i went through during the last 2 years of my degree.

also , what are your thoughts about computer engineering,
i want a field where i am supposed to be intuitive. i want to pursue a career in management or corporate.

Why would have civil engineering been any different?

If you want a degree in management, get a MBA. If you want a managerial role that combines electrical engineering, get a job as an entry level engineer then progress naturally to the more senior management roles internally - like project manager.

Likes berkeman

What is the difference between a Master's in Electrical Engineering and a Master's in Computer Engineering?

A Master's in Electrical Engineering focuses on the design, development, and application of electrical systems and devices, while a Master's in Computer Engineering combines the principles of electrical engineering and computer science to design and develop computer hardware and software systems.

What are the career opportunities with a Master's in Electrical Engineering?

Graduates with a Master's in Electrical Engineering have a wide range of career opportunities in industries such as power and energy, telecommunications, aerospace, and computer technology. They can also work in research and development, consulting, and academia.

Do I need to have a Bachelor's in Electrical Engineering to pursue a Master's in Electrical Engineering?

No, some universities offer Master's programs in Electrical Engineering for students with a Bachelor's degree in a related field, such as physics or mathematics. However, having a Bachelor's in Electrical Engineering may provide a stronger foundation for the advanced coursework in a Master's program.

What is the duration of a Master's program in Electrical Engineering?

The duration of a Master's program in Electrical Engineering can vary depending on the university and the student's course load. Generally, it takes 1-2 years to complete a Master's program, but some universities offer accelerated programs that can be completed in as little as 12 months.

Do I need to have work experience to apply for a Master's in Electrical Engineering?

It depends on the university and program. Some programs may prefer applicants with work experience, especially for research-based programs. However, many universities accept students with a strong academic background and relevant coursework in undergraduate studies.