Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Material properties at cryogenic temperatures

1. Jan 5, 2009 #1
    hello,
    I am trying to find electrical and thermal properties of materials such as alumina, titania, and various metal oxides at 4K and 77K. I have scoured the internet trying to find the properties and have gone to a major university library without success. Any help or resources that you know of would be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you!

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 5, 2009 #2

Q_Goest

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Hi jolly,
    The only references that summarize various material properties under cryogenic conditions that I have only cover the typical metals and plastics. Here's a couple I have excerpts from that you might try:
    Thermophysical properties of matter by Y. S. Touloukian and C. Y. Ho
    also,
    Materials at Low Temperatures by Richard P. Reed and Alan F. Clark
    http://www.osti.gov/energycitations/product.biblio.jsp?osti_id=6468761
    You might look for these in a local university library.

Otherwise, I'd suggest doing a Google Scholar search for specific papers. For example: "Dielectric Properties of Single Crystals of Al2O3, LaAlO3, NdGaO3, SrTiO3, and MgO at Cryogenic Temperatures" by Jerzy Krupta et al.

4. Jan 7, 2009 #3

L62

have you tried the CRC Handbook?

otherwise you may have to do a literature search for individual papers that deal specifically with these measurements and for the particular materials you are interested in.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?