Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Material properties at elevated temperature

1. Apr 6, 2009 #1
    Hi everyone, Please help me, I am almost dying for this project.
    I am doing a project that is dealing with high temperature, and i would like to ask you guys, is there any way to get the material properties of alloy, ceramics, or glass(fused quartz) at high temperature?

i have tried to check the CRC handbook but yet, still doesnt really get what i wanted. and i have tried google scholar too, yet no luck...is it either me suck at finding stuff or these value are really hard to find or doesnt exist(this is so impossible!!)

I am trying to get a fracture of toughness of fused quartz at 500 C, and other properties

Thanks!!

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 7, 2009 #2

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2017
  4. Apr 7, 2009 #3
    WOW! thanks gokul! i ve been trying to find one but i cant!!
    appriciate it!

1 more question though, for material density (especiall gas) at high temperature? do you know where i could find those? thanks!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2017
  5. Apr 8, 2009 #4

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

At sufficiently high temperatures, the ideal gas law will give you a fair approximation of the density of a gas. If you're worried about the accuracy, you could perhaps look up the Van der Waals constants (in CRC) for the gas in question to get a more accurate value for the density.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook