Mathematica: How to export notebook to MS word

• Mathematica
  • Thread starter kaizen.moto
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Mathematica
In summary, to export a Mathematica notebook to MS Word, go to File > Save As and choose the .docx file format. You can customize the exported Word document by using the options in the Export dialog box. All of your Mathematica code will be preserved in the exported document, but it will be converted into text and will not be editable. You can export multiple notebooks into one Word document by selecting them and choosing "Save Selection As" in the File menu. Currently, there is no direct way to export a notebook to MS Word without losing formatting, but you can preserve some formatting by using the "Save Selection As" option or by exporting as a PDF and using a converter.
kaizen.moto
Hi everyone,
Iam just wondering how to export the mathematica nb. file to MS word? Preferably word 2003 version.

I have tried to use cut and paste method into word, however, the presentation in word does not look nice.

Any advice is very much appreciated.

Physics news on Phys.org
Dear Simon,

Brilliant...it works...Thank you very much.

No worries - now to figure out how to do this for LaTeX ... probably have to export as an image.

Hi there,

Exporting a Mathematica notebook to MS Word is a fairly straightforward process. You can use the "Save As" option in Mathematica to save your notebook as a .doc or .docx file, which can then be opened in MS Word. However, this may not always result in the best formatting, especially if your notebook contains complex graphs or equations.

A better alternative is to use the "Save Selection As" option in Mathematica. This allows you to select specific cells or sections of your notebook and export them as a .doc or .docx file. This way, you can control the formatting and ensure that your presentation looks nice in Word.

Another option is to use the "Export" function in Mathematica. This allows you to export your notebook as a PDF, which can then be opened and edited in MS Word. PDFs tend to maintain formatting better than other file types, so this may be a good option for complex notebooks.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any further questions or need more assistance. Good luck with your export!

1. How do I export a Mathematica notebook to MS Word?

To export a notebook to MS Word, go to File > Save As and choose the .docx file format. This will convert your notebook into a Word document.

2. Can I customize the exported Word document?

Yes, you can customize the exported Word document by using the options in the Export dialog box. This allows you to choose the page layout, font size, and other formatting options.

3. Will all of my Mathematica code be preserved in the exported document?

Yes, all of your Mathematica code will be preserved in the exported document. However, the code will be converted into text and will not be editable in Word.

4. Can I export multiple notebooks into one Word document?

Yes, you can export multiple notebooks into one Word document by selecting all of the notebooks you want to export and then choosing the "Save Selection As" option in the File menu.

5. Is there a way to export a notebook to MS Word without losing any formatting?

Currently, Mathematica does not have a direct way to export a notebook to MS Word without losing any formatting. However, you can use the "Save Selection As" option to preserve some formatting, or you can export the notebook as a PDF and then use a PDF to Word converter to retain the formatting.