Mathematica - making labels appear by the curves

In summary, to make labels appear next to your curves in Mathematica, you can use the PlotLabels function. You can also customize the appearance of your labels using options such as LabelStyle and FrameLabel. To add a legend to your plot, you can use the PlotLegends function and customize it using the LegendLabel option. Multiple labels can be added to a single curve using the Callout function, and mathematical expressions or symbols can be added using the Text and HoldForm functions.
ehrenfest
hello, I want to plot a set of curves on the same graph, and I want to give each of the curves labels, i.e. (1),(2),...

Does anyone know how to make labels appear by the curves? Or is there another labelling scheme I can use?

Physics news on Phys.org

Hello, there are a few different ways you can label curves in Mathematica. One option is to use the PlotLegends function, which allows you to specify labels for each curve and have them appear in a legend on the plot. Another option is to use the Epilog function to add labels directly onto the plot itself. You can also use the PlotLabel function to add a title or label to the entire plot. I recommend looking into the documentation for these functions to see which option best fits your needs. Good luck with your plotting!

Related to Mathematica - making labels appear by the curves

1. How do I make labels appear next to my curves in Mathematica?

To make labels appear next to your curves in Mathematica, you can use the PlotLabels function. This function allows you to specify the labels for each curve in your plot. For example, if you have a plot with three curves, you can use PlotLabels -> {"Curve 1", "Curve 2", "Curve 3"} to label each curve accordingly.

2. Can I customize the appearance of my labels in Mathematica?

Yes, you can customize the appearance of your labels in Mathematica. You can use options such as LabelStyle to change the font, color, and size of your labels. Additionally, you can use FrameLabel to add labels to the x- and y-axes of your plot.

3. How do I add a legend to my plot in Mathematica?

To add a legend to your plot in Mathematica, you can use the PlotLegends function. This function allows you to specify the labels for each curve, as well as customize the placement and appearance of the legend. You can also use the LegendLabel option to add a title to your legend.

4. Is it possible to add multiple labels to a single curve in Mathematica?

Yes, it is possible to add multiple labels to a single curve in Mathematica. You can use the Callout function to add multiple labels to a curve at specific points. This function allows you to specify the position and style of each label.

5. Can I add mathematical expressions or symbols as labels in Mathematica?

Yes, you can add mathematical expressions or symbols as labels in Mathematica. You can use the Text function to add any text or symbols to your plot. Additionally, you can use the HoldForm function to display mathematical expressions without evaluating them.