1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Other Mathematics book to understand Susskind's lectures?

1. Jul 19, 2015 #1
    I am looking for mathematics book required for Susskind's lectures on theoretical minimum?

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 19, 2015 #2
    What is your backround in mathematics?

Although I have not read "Theoretical Minimum", I have seen Susskins Lectures and he assumes the viewer has a decent knowlege of mathematics (Trig,Multivariable Calculus, Differential Equations (and Partial Differential Equations), Linear Algebra, Statistics....). Since "Theoretical Minimum" was written for a larger audience, the mathematics contained in it is most likeley watered down ( I scanned an open copy on amazon). If you would like a deep understanding of what Susskind is talking about, there is no substitute for years of practiced mathematics and physics.

4. Jul 19, 2015 #3
    Can you recommend me a book? My background is high school mathematics.

5. Jul 19, 2015 #4

mathwonk

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

i just breezed a fgew pages on amazon and he seems to assume very little math - he even explains radians and trig functions . i recommend just beginning it and seeing how you do.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted