Mathematics Resources: Proving Existence of m,n for e^(m/n)=π

  • Level: Graduate 
  • Thread starter Thread starter glebovg
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Mathematics Resources
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
glebovg
Messages
156
Reaction score
0
Suppose I need a theorem or to know whether some result has been proven (or not), to prove something else. What are the best sources? Where would I find, for instance, if there is a proof that there exist (or does not exist) integers m and n such that [itex]{e^{m/n}} = \pi[/itex]?
 
Mathematics news on Phys.org
There is no single source for all such theorems. Generally, if you want to prove something like that, you would do a "journal search"- which is really only possible if you have been reading journals in your area of research all along.
 
I think that particular example question is still unknown.