Matlab- Function for select and use images

In summary, A user is seeking help with an interpolation process in Matlab. They want to add a function to their code that will select and use two dates before and after a selected image. They mention using the uigetfile function to open the image. They provide an example of wanting to select numbers 121, 122, 124, and 125 for an image with the number 123. They also mention looking into the dir command for help.
klipya
Hi! I'm writing you to ask about a question, to see if anyone knows how to solve it. I'm doing an interpolation process and I would add a function to a Matlab code that would select and use two dates up and down in the process for a selected image (I opened it before with the function uigetfile). For example, I have an image in a folder with the number 123 and I want that the code would select the numbers 121, 122, 124 and 125 automatically.

Greetings and thank you very much in advance,

Physics news on Phys.org
Do you want to select these numbers based on what a folder or file name is? It seems like an odd way to do things. Maybe you should have a look at the output structure array for the dir command.

http://www.mathworks.com/help/techdoc/ref/dir.html

Last edited:

What is Matlab?

Matlab is a programming language and software environment used for data analysis, visualization, and mathematical computation. It is widely used in various fields such as engineering, science, and economics.

What is a function in Matlab?

In Matlab, a function is a group of statements that perform a specific task and can be reused multiple times in a program. Functions can have input arguments and output values, making them useful for data manipulation and analysis.

How do I select and use images in Matlab?

To select and use images in Matlab, you can use the built-in functions 'imread' and 'imshow'. 'imread' is used to read an image file and store it in a variable, while 'imshow' is used to display the image on the screen. You can also use other functions for image processing and analysis.

Can I perform basic image manipulation using Matlab functions?

Yes, Matlab has various functions for basic image manipulation such as resizing, cropping, and rotating images. These functions can be used to modify images for further analysis or visualization.

Is it possible to create my own image processing functions in Matlab?

Yes, you can create your own image processing functions in Matlab using the built-in function 'imwrite' to save the processed image. You can also combine multiple functions to create a more complex image processing task.