Matlab not finding Microsoft Word install

In summary, the conversation involves a user trying to publish an m-file as a word document, but receiving an error message stating that Microsoft Word must be installed to publish in this format. The user also encounters errors when trying to use the "Set Publish Configurations" GUI Window and the "actxserver" command. The conversation also includes a discussion about the user's version of Word, operating system, and MATLAB, as well as installed toolboxes and modules.
AIR&SPACE
I'm trying to publish an m-file as a word document, but when I try to publish it I get the following error:
Code:
? Error using ==> mxdom2word at 15
Microsoft Word must be installed to publish to this format.

Error in ==> publish at 183
        mxdom2word(dom,outputAbsoluteFilename);

Error in ==> mdbpublish at 55
outputPath = publish(file, options);

? Error using ==> open at 68
NAME must contain a single string.

I DO have Word installed, so what's the deal-e-o?

Physics news on Phys.org
Through the "Set Publish Configurations" GUI Window.

Also, may I point out that this:
Code:
h = actxserver('Word.Application')
also results in an error:

Code:
? Error using ==> actxserver at 91 
Server creation failed. Invalid ProgID 'Word.Application'

Interesting,
-What version of Word do you have?
-What operating system are you using?
-Do you have .NET installed on your computer?
-What version of MATLAB are you using?

- Microsoft 2010 (specifically 14.0.4128.5000 (32 bit))
- Windows 7 Ultimate (Service Pack 1)
- Yes
-
Code:
>> ver
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MATLAB Version 7.11.0.584 (R2010b)
MATLAB License Number: 608808
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Version 6.1 (Build 7601: Service Pack 1)
Java VM Version: Java 1.6.0_17-b04 with Sun Microsystems Inc. Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM mixed mode
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MATLAB                                                Version 7.11       (R2010b)
Simulink                                              Version 7.6        (R2010b)
Aerospace Blockset                                    Version 3.6        (R2010b)
Aerospace Toolbox                                     Version 2.6        (R2010b)
Bioinformatics Toolbox                                Version 3.6        (R2010b)
Control System Toolbox                                Version 9.0        (R2010b)
Curve Fitting Toolbox                                 Version 3.0        (R2010b)
Data Acquisition Toolbox                              Version 2.17       (R2010b)
Database Toolbox                                      Version 3.8        (R2010b)
Financial Toolbox                                     Version 3.8        (R2010b)
Image Acquisition Toolbox                             Version 4.0        (R2010b)
Image Processing Toolbox                              Version 7.1        (R2010b)
MATLAB Builder NE                                     Version 3.2        (R2010b)
MATLAB Compiler                                       Version 4.14       (R2010b)
Mapping Toolbox                                       Version 3.2        (R2010b)
Neural Network Toolbox                                Version 7.0        (R2010b)
Optimization Toolbox                                  Version 5.1        (R2010b)
Parallel Computing Toolbox                            Version 5.0        (R2010b)
Parallel Computing Toolbox                            Version 5.0        (R2010b)
Real-Time Workshop                                    Version 7.6        (R2010b)
Robust Control Toolbox                                Version 3.5        (R2010b)
Signal Processing Blockset                            Version 7.1        (R2010b)
Signal Processing Toolbox                             Version 6.14       (R2010b)
SimDriveline                                          Version 1.5.5      (R2010b)
SimPowerSystems                                       Version 5.3        (R2010b)
Simscape                                              Version 3.4        (R2010b)
Simulink 3D Animation                                 Version 5.2        (R2010b)
Simulink Control Design                               Version 3.2        (R2010b)
Statistics Toolbox                                    Version 7.4        (R2010b)
Symbolic Math Toolbox                                 Version 5.5        (R2010b)
System Identification Toolbox                         Version 7.4.1      (R2010b)
Video and Image Processing Blockset                   Version 3.1        (R2010b)
xPC Target                                            Version 4.4        (R2010b)

1. Why is Matlab not finding my installed Microsoft Word?

There could be several reasons for this issue. One possibility is that the installation directory for Microsoft Word is not included in the system's PATH variable. Another reason could be that the version of Matlab you are using is not compatible with the version of Microsoft Word installed on your computer.

2. How can I fix the issue of Matlab not detecting Microsoft Word?

To fix this issue, you can try adding the installation directory for Microsoft Word to the system's PATH variable. You can also try updating your version of Matlab to ensure compatibility with Microsoft Word. Additionally, make sure that both Matlab and Microsoft Word are fully updated.

3. Can I use a different version of Microsoft Word with Matlab?

Yes, as long as the version of Microsoft Word is supported by the version of Matlab you are using. However, it is recommended to use the latest versions of both software to avoid compatibility issues.

4. Is there a specific way to install Microsoft Word for use with Matlab?

No, there is no specific installation process for Microsoft Word when using it with Matlab. Simply follow the standard installation process for Microsoft Word on your computer.

5. How can I troubleshoot the issue of Matlab not finding Microsoft Word?

Some steps you can take to troubleshoot this issue include checking that both Matlab and Microsoft Word are fully updated, making sure the installation directory for Microsoft Word is included in the system's PATH variable, and checking for compatibility between the versions of Matlab and Microsoft Word. You can also try restarting your computer and re-installing Matlab.