Matlab proplems Can't think of the correct way to do it

• MATLAB
  • Thread starter hanson
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Matlab
In summary, to start solving a Matlab problem, you should first understand the problem and break it down into smaller, more manageable steps. Then, write down the necessary equations and algorithms and begin coding them in Matlab. If you get stuck, review your code and consult documentation or online resources for help. To troubleshoot errors, use the debugger tool or add in print statements and try running your code with different inputs. While Matlab can be used to solve a wide range of problems, it may not be suitable for all types. To improve problem-solving skills, practice regularly and attend workshops or online courses to learn new techniques.
hanson
Matlab proplems! Can't think of the correct way to do it

:confused:
x=lambda*(e-y)*cos(x+y)
y=lambda*(e-x)*sin(x+y)
lambda is value between 2.1 and 3.0
I have tried to solve it by using vector. But I can't make the correct equation.
I begin with the line 'function xSolution = PicardTwo(lambda)'

Physics news on Phys.org
This is a double post
https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?p=916618#post916618

Last edited by a moderator:
and then define x and y as functions of lambda.

It sounds like you are on the right track by using vectors to solve this problem. However, it's difficult to provide specific guidance without knowing more about the specific problem and what you have tried so far. Have you tried breaking down the problem into smaller steps and solving each step individually? This can often help with complex problems in Matlab. Additionally, you may want to try reaching out to online communities or forums for Matlab users to see if anyone else has encountered a similar problem and can offer guidance. Don't give up, with persistence and the right approach, you will be able to find the correct solution.

1. How do I start solving a Matlab problem?

To start solving a Matlab problem, you should first understand the problem and break it down into smaller, more manageable steps. Then, you can write down the necessary equations and algorithms and begin coding them in Matlab.

2. What should I do if I get stuck on a Matlab problem?

If you get stuck on a Matlab problem, take a step back and review your code. Make sure it is logically correct and that you are using the appropriate functions. You can also consult Matlab documentation or online resources for help.

3. How do I troubleshoot errors in my Matlab code?

To troubleshoot errors in your Matlab code, you can use the debugger tool or add in print statements to track the values of your variables. You can also try running your code with different inputs to see where the error occurs.

4. Can I use Matlab to solve any type of problem?

Matlab is a versatile programming language and can be used to solve a wide range of problems in various fields such as engineering, mathematics, and data analysis. However, it may not be the most suitable tool for all types of problems.

5. How can I improve my problem-solving skills in Matlab?

To improve your problem-solving skills in Matlab, practice regularly and challenge yourself with new and complex problems. You can also attend workshops or online courses to learn new techniques and tricks for solving problems in Matlab.