Scholarships to cover remaining graduate school tuition costs

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 1K views
Tone L
Messages
72
Reaction score
7
Hi.
My company will pay about 70% of my tuition cost per year for graduate school. Leaving about 2-4k un accounted for, depending on course load.
Any recommendations on scholarships or other options to pay the remaining balance?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Your best bet is to talk to your employer especially if its work related and would be beneficial to the company or at least you can make that case.

Also talk with your local college to see what they can offer. However, I don't think you'll find much since your employer is footing a portion of the bill. But you won't know if you don't ask.

https://www.usnews.com/education/best-colleges/paying-for-college/articles/2015/02/02/what-to-know-about-employer-tuition-benefits-for-college

I know when I did it many many years ago it was a per course / pay as you go scheme. I paid initially for the first course and had to make a B in order to be reimbursed and then I used that reimbursement to pay for the next course.

At one point I got into a bind with the college due to vacation scheduling and not being able to pay in time due a delay in the reimbursement. They wouldn't give me an extension and so I transferred to another college closer to home.