Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Mayor C. Ray Nagin apologized Tuesday

1. Jan 18, 2006 #1

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...ll=chi-newsnationworld-hed&ctrack=1&cset=true

This makes me wonder. Is this guy losing it or what?

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 18, 2006 #2

russ_watters

Staff: Mentor

We had the 'is he crazy or just stressed?' conversation a number of times during and immediately after the Katrina crisis. The consensus at the time (I was in the minority) was that he was just stressed. He's making his position on the issue much clearer now...

Actually, now the question becomes: is he a racist and crazy, just crazy, or just a racist?

Last edited: Jan 18, 2006
  4. Jan 18, 2006 #3
    I heard his rather lame attempt at covering his butt on this.
    Paraphrased "When you make chocolate you take dark chocolate, mix it with some WHITE cream, and then you have a delicious drink. See?"
    Uh huh...

5. Jan 18, 2006 #4

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Whatever the reason, he's an apallingly pathetic mayor. I don't know if I thought he was crazy or stressed, I wasn't really thinking about the reason he was falling apart during Katrina, just that he was cowering and crying rather than leading.

Is he racist? I think so. Is he crazy on top of that? I don't know. He's definitely inept at the least.

6. Jan 18, 2006 #5
    Sounds like Pat Robertson to me.

7. Jan 18, 2006 #6

russ_watters

Staff: Mentor

Boy, it would be entertaining to lock the two of them in a room together for a while... :rofl:

8. Jan 19, 2006 #7

Bystander

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Give the guy a break: he's mayor; he does what every mayor of NO (or any other community) before him has done, sit on his butt; he gets the word a Cat 5 is headed his way; he knows he's behind Cat 4 levees; he doesn't know they were barely built to Cat 3 specs; he knows it's time to run; he knows the only evacuation plans in place to implement are 50 years out of date; he does the human thing, nothing, and hopes it turns into another weather service false alarm; he got his butt bitten just as badly as a butt can be bitten, and no worse than anyone else in his position would have been bitten.

He's expecting process servers, warrants, subpoenas, "the wrath of God," and who knows what else to land on him any day, and the suspense is driving him just a little bit off center.

9. Jan 27, 2006 #8

BobG

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Relief for Nagin, at last. Ann Coulter opened her mouth and claimed the crown as America's Stupidest Person.
    Pat Robertson needs to kick it in gear if he's going to keep up. Calling for someone to murder a US Supreme Court Justice tops calling for someone to murder a foreign leader.

Has politics finally reached the level of "Gilligan's Island"?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?