Frist says Taliban can not be defeated. Bush say it will be defeated

  • Topic: News 
  • Thread starter Thread starter edward
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 3K views
edward
Messages
74
Reaction score
166
Is the Bush administration and the Senate on the same page? It appears that they aren't even in the same book.

October 3rd.
QALAT, Afghanistan -- U.S. Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist said Monday that the Afghan war against Taliban guerrillas can never be won militarily and called for efforts to bring the Islamic militia and its supporters into the Afghan government.

The Tennessee Republican said he learned from briefings that Taliban fighters are too numerous and have too much popular support to be defeated on the battlefield.
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/chi-0610030092oct03,1,2117792.story?coll=chi-newsnationworld-hed

September 29th
WASHINGTON - President George W. Bush, delivering the latest in a series of speeches on the war on terrorism, admitted to setbacks in Afghanistan on Friday, particularly in the training of police. But he predicted ultimate victory over resurgent Taliban forces there and against terrorists everywhere.
http://www.military.com/NewsContent/0,13319,115329,00.html

Apparently Bush doesn't attend the same briefings. Our so called leaders are totally disfunctional.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
I completely agree with both these men. So I'd have to answer, yes; they are on the same page and it is the page I'm on.
 
LURCH said:
I completely agree with both these men. So I'd have to answer, yes; they are on the same page and it is the page I'm on.
Just so I am clear on your position.

Are you happy with the current administrations ME policy, and it's execution?

[edit]

So the slogan now is "Either your with us or your against us, unless you are the Taliban".

Or "We make no distinction between terrorists and the nations that shelter them, unless your Pakistan."

Care to explain why these exceptions?

[/edit]
 
Last edited by a moderator:
LURCH said:
I completely agree with both these men. So I'd have to answer, yes; they are on the same page and it is the page I'm on.

Hmm Frist said that it is impossible to defeat the Taliban just 5 days after Bush said we will defeat the Taliban. And you agree with both of them.:rolleyes: Sorry but you can't have it both ways.

Did you really read the post or are you being facetious?
 
Last edited: