MCNP error surface 0 not found for cell 101

In summary, the error message "MCNP error surface 0 not found for cell 101" indicates that the specified surface 0 could not be found in the given cell 101, possibly due to a typo or incorrect input in the MCNP code. To fix this error, double check the input for surface 0 and ensure it is correctly defined in the cell 101, and check for any typos or errors in the MCNP code. It is also possible for the error to be caused by a missing surface, incorrect input for the surface or cell, or a discrepancy between the surface and cell definitions, so it is important to thoroughly review and troubleshoot the code and input to resolve the issue.
XinyueFu
TL;DR Summary
surface 0 not found for cell 101, But I didn't use the surface 0.
Hello,
I am working through the MCNP manual and am experiencing the following error as well as warning when trying to run the sample problem from the manual.
The fatal error I get is
"fatal error. surface 0 not found for cell 1050."
I have upload the output file with the errors in case I have not properly explained what's going on.

Attachments

• 1.txt
    9.3 KB · Views: 332
Engineering news on Phys.org
Are you sure that it is the good attachment file ?

PSRB191921 said:
Are you sure that it is the good attachment file ?
Thanks for your reply, I just solved this problem, My cell card is not aligned.

1. What does the error "MCNP error surface 0 not found for cell 101" mean?

This error indicates that the specified cell (cell 101) does not have a defined surface 0. This could be due to a mistake in the input file or an error in the geometry definition.

2. How can I fix the "MCNP error surface 0 not found for cell 101" error?

The first step in fixing this error is to check the input file and make sure that the cell and surface definitions are correct. If there are no obvious mistakes, you may need to review the geometry definition and make sure that all surfaces are properly defined and assigned to the correct cells.

3. Can this error occur in any version of MCNP?

Yes, this error can occur in any version of MCNP as it is related to the input file and geometry definition rather than the software itself.

4. Is there a way to prevent the "MCNP error surface 0 not found for cell 101" error from occurring?

To prevent this error, it is important to carefully review and double-check the input file and geometry definition before running the simulation. It may also be helpful to consult the MCNP user manual or seek assistance from experienced users.

5. Are there any other common errors related to cell and surface definitions in MCNP?

Yes, there are several other common errors related to cell and surface definitions in MCNP, such as "cell not found" or "surface not found" errors. These can also be caused by mistakes in the input file or geometry definition and can be resolved by carefully reviewing and correcting these issues.