1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Mechanical engineering-Aerospace

1. Aug 15, 2014 #1
    Hi everyone. I am a entering my junior year in the mechanical engineering degree plan. I am definitely looking into the possibility of grad school and am thinking of pursuing a masters in Aerospace. I was wondering what, if any classes would need to be supplemented prior to entering grad school, due to the fact that I'll have a bachelors in mechanical and not aerospace? I understand that they are very closely related fields, but I'm sure there will be some coursework that will need to be completed.
    Thanks in advance!

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 15, 2014 #2

boneh3ad

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

The answer depends largely on what field of aerospace you'd like to move into. So what are you hoping to study?

4. Aug 19, 2014 #3
    I guess I would focus on dynamics and controls.

5. Aug 19, 2014 #4

Actually there isn't. If you look at NC State program it's almost exactly the same except there are more fluid dynamic courses. You will be just fine going from mechanical engineering to aerospace engineering

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook