Mechanical engineering-Aerospace

• Thread starter nickfern23
  • Start date
Hi everyone. I am a entering my junior year in the mechanical engineering degree plan. I am definitely looking into the possibility of grad school and am thinking of pursuing a masters in Aerospace. I was wondering what, if any classes would need to be supplemented prior to entering grad school, due to the fact that I'll have a bachelors in mechanical and not aerospace? I understand that they are very closely related fields, but I'm sure there will be some coursework that will need to be completed.
Thanks in advance!

Answers and Replies

boneh3ad
Science Advisor
Insights Author
Gold Member
The answer depends largely on what field of aerospace you'd like to move into. So what are you hoping to study?

I guess I would focus on dynamics and controls.

Hi everyone. I am a entering my junior year in the mechanical engineering degree plan. I am definitely looking into the possibility of grad school and am thinking of pursuing a masters in Aerospace. I was wondering what, if any classes would need to be supplemented prior to entering grad school, due to the fact that I'll have a bachelors in mechanical and not aerospace? I understand that they are very closely related fields, but I'm sure there will be some coursework that will need to be completed.
Thanks in advance!

Actually there isn't. If you look at NC State program it's almost exactly the same except there are more fluid dynamic courses. You will be just fine going from mechanical engineering to aerospace engineering