Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Mesh 2d of a complex geometry with FORTRAN

1. Jun 29, 2015 #1
    I neet to do a structured triangular mesh 2D of a complex geometry with FORTRAN
    Can someone help me!

Last edited: Jun 29, 2015
  2. jcsd
  3. Jun 29, 2015 #2

Borg

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Welcome to Physics Forums mariem.makh. Please review the forums Terms and Rules. All posts must be in English.

4. Jun 29, 2015 #3
    ok thank you :) I fixed it

5. Jun 29, 2015 #4

SteamKing

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

You're going to have to explain a lot more about what you want to do.

6. Jun 29, 2015 #5
    ok, I have to do a mesh 2d for a specific geometry with Fortran, have you any reference or cite can help me to do that

7. Jun 29, 2015 #6

SteamKing

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

It's still not clear what your task is.

Are you trying to write a Fortran program to generate a 2-D mesh? What sort of starting information would you be working with? What sort of output are you looking for, in addition to the coordinates of the nodal points of the mesh?

As a general rule, when writing a computer program, regardless of the language used, it is always a good idea to

1. Formulate a clear and detailed specification for what tasks the program is intended to accomplish
    2. List the input information which the user will be expected to furnish
    3. Describe the output results expected.

8. Jun 29, 2015 #7
    I presume this has been done before, for example, take a look at this page listing many kinds of program; entry 693, for example, sounds like the kind of thing you are looking for, then entries starting at item 769 regarding triangulation...

The above references may be too much for you...you request is so vague it tends to reveal quite a bit of inexperience.

Are you supposed to implement this program for the purpose of learning? Or are you supposed to just get it done for whatever purpose?

9. Jul 1, 2015 #8
    thank you for your answers, I work with the method control volume finite element method and I need to do with fortran the mesh 2d to specific geometry, (I found the mesh for on ordinary geometry, but not a complex geometry)
    so the output that I need is the coordinates of the nodal points of the mesh

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook