Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Mesh problem in Ansys Turbogrid

1. Jul 18, 2016 #1
    in ansys turbogrid i faced a setting that couldn't find out how it works and couldn't find an appropriate description for that.
    Near Wall Element Size specification in mesh data object that has 3 methods(1-absolute 2-y+ 3-normalize)
    i upload an image from software
    if someone know anything about these please help me

thanks

Attached Files:

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 21, 2016 #2
    I'm not familiar with turbogrid, but I'd say that for 1-absolute you give the size of the first cell at the wall in absolute numbers, e.g. 0.001 m.
    if it is 2-y+, your cell size will be such that you obtain a certain y+ value at the wall, e.g. y+=1 for completely resolved wall or y+=30 if you are using turbulence wall functions. 3-normalized, you probably give a relative value based on some length scale, so if it is a pipe with a typical length scale of 2 m, then 0.001 will mean a 0.002 m cell size at the wall.
    Having a mesh with a certain y+ value is preferred, but you need the local velocity for that, so the actual solution of the flow problem. I'm not sure how turbogrid knows how to do this.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted