Messenger photon in electromagnetism intractions

In summary, the terms "repulsion force carrier" and "attraction force carrier" have not been scientifically established and are not used in the field of electromagnetism. The concept of messenger photons as carriers of force is also a mathematical idea and is not a literal explanation for the interactions between charges.
mohsen1989
What's the difference between "repulsion force carrier and
attraction force Carrier" in electromagnetism interactions?
We know that these two messenger photons should be
distinguished. But in what features and details?

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF!

Hi mohsen1989! Welcome to PF! :smile:
Code:
mohsen1989 said:
What's the difference between "repulsion force carrier and
attraction force Carrier" in electromagnetism interactions?
We know that these two messenger photons should be
distinguished. But in what features and details?

I've never heard of these terms. :confused:

So far as I know there's no distinction.

Can you provide a quote and a link to where you saw this? :smile:

my apologize,i have ever seen that anywhere to provide a quote. but i meant how two specific charges know when interact by attraction force or repulsion force?

(One charge doesn't "know" that the other charge is there, it only "knows" that it is in an electric field, but anyway …)

The field works the same way whether the charge is positive or negative.

"Messenger" photons (and electrons), usually called "virtual" photons (and electrons), are only a mathematical idea that helps to describe the approximations in perturbation theory in quantum field theory.

They don't literally "carry" the force. :smile:

1. What is a messenger photon in electromagnetic interactions?

A messenger photon is a fundamental particle in the electromagnetic force, which is responsible for the interactions between charged particles. It carries the electromagnetic force between particles, allowing them to attract or repel each other.

2. How does a messenger photon work in electromagnetic interactions?

A messenger photon works by transferring energy and momentum between charged particles. When two particles with opposite charges interact, they exchange messenger photons, which causes a force between them. The strength of this force depends on the charges and the distance between the particles.

3. Can a messenger photon be observed or measured?

No, a messenger photon cannot be directly observed or measured. This is because it does not have a mass or a measurable size. However, its effects can be detected and studied through interactions with charged particles.

4. How is the messenger photon related to the electromagnetic field?

The messenger photon is the particle associated with the electromagnetic field. The field is created by the presence of charged particles and the exchange of messenger photons between them. The strength and direction of the field is determined by the properties of the messenger photon.

5. Can messenger photons interact with other forces besides the electromagnetic force?

No, messenger photons only interact with charged particles through the electromagnetic force. They do not interact with other forces, such as the strong or weak nuclear forces. This makes them unique and essential for understanding electromagnetic interactions.