Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Messgae post linking problems?

1. Oct 1, 2014 #1

TumblingDice

Gold Member

I posted a reply a moment ago in this thread:
    https://www.physicsforums.com/threads/how-do-i-calculate-this.773261/

My post appeared twice, and both were identified as post #20 in the top right corners. I refreshed the page and same display. Checked my posts from profile and sure enough, two messages. So... I deleted the second post #20. Now my post and the one from Ali preceding it are both display as #19.

Also, I swear I saw a message that read something like "link broken" or "record not found" or something 'not good' flash on the screen as the page displays. But it looks O.K. except fr the numbering...

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 1, 2014 #2
    That is strange. Keep me updated.

4. Oct 2, 2014 #3

TumblingDice

Gold Member

'been watching. I saw that when Voko added a post, the pair of 19's (Ali and me) remained the same. Waited for another shoe to drop, yet DrStupid added another post a few minutes ago. The thread is now on a second page and post numbering is incrementing as expected, except for the two #19 posts.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook