1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Minor in Mathematics or Physics?

1. Dec 24, 2015 #1
    Hi all,

I'm currently a freshman studying electrical engineering and I was wondering whether I should try to minor in Mathematics or Physics as a supplement to my studies. I feel like both of them have their individual pros and cons, but I'm not sure exactly what they would be/how they would affect my major(besides having more work) and therefore I'm not sure which one I would like to pursue. I enjoy mathematics probably a little bit more than physics if that is also a contributive factor in this decision.

- off-topic question: I'm in EE right now but have very little experience when it comes to projects/applications of the field and was wondering whether I should focus on studying the material right now and then worry about experience during the summer when I'm not in extracurricular activities or if there's anything I should be doing right now besides studying for my courses.

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 24, 2015 #2

Student100

Education Advisor
    Gold Member

Does your university offer minors in fields of EE? Like analogue circuits/digital circuits/communication theory? Those would be more applicable. Other than that I would save your electives for more EE courses.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook