Missing Lab Report Pages- Why Me!?
- Thread starter G01
- Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
9 replies · 2K views
Physics news on Phys.org
Discussion
mattmns
- 1,129
- 5
Just text? Copy and paste it into www.writely.com (run by google) and save it.
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
2025 Award
- 22,716
- 7,814
I use redundant backups on two or more HD's. I have a main project directory for active projects. This directory is backed up two or three times. It is on my laptop, and two desktops, and I have an extra external HD as a 4th optional backup.
If I am working on a critical report, I can also email myself with the latest version.
My project archives are probably around 70 GB now, not including the calculation files which are a workstation which is backed up weekly to tape - and even that's redundantly backed up.
If I am working on a critical report, I can also email myself with the latest version.
My project archives are probably around 70 GB now, not including the calculation files which are a workstation which is backed up weekly to tape - and even that's redundantly backed up.
Danger
Gold Member
- 9,805
- 251
Weird...G01 said:I was working on a lab report at school. I finished it and I saved it on my flash drive. When I open the file at home, the last 2 pages are missing...why!1 Why me!? AHHHHHHHH!
I do my stuff on paper and have never had that problem.
Yonoz
- 56
- 0
Write buffers are disabled for flashdrives by default to prevent such errors, but you're right - it's a good habit to use the stop command before unplugging USB devices.NoTime said:Did you run the stop command on your flash drive before unpluging it?
The purpose of the command is to flush any delayed write buffers and actually close the files.
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
- 11,959
- 54
Danger said:Weird...![]()
I do my stuff on paper and have never had that problem.
Similar threads
- ergospherical
- · Replies 7 ·
- STEM Academic Advising
- Replies
- 7
- DelusionRemedy
- · Replies 9 ·
- Introductory Physics Homework Help
- Replies
- 9
- tiredriot
- · Replies 4 ·
- STEM Academic Advising
- Replies
- 4
- Geo_Zegarra2018
- · Replies 5 ·
- STEM Academic Advising
- Replies
- 5
- octo17
- · Replies 1 ·
- Introductory Physics Homework Help
- Replies
- 1
- JoeyCentral
- · Replies 62 ·
- STEM Academic Advising
- Replies
- 62
- Squirrelmech
- · Replies 5 ·
- STEM Academic Advising
- Replies
- 5
- Turion
- · Replies 3 ·
- STEM Academic Advising
- Replies
- 3
- Angry Citizen
- · Replies 4 ·
- STEM Academic Advising
- Replies
- 4
- Nano-Passion
- · Replies 22 ·
- STEM Academic Advising
- Replies
- 22