Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Mission Mozzarella Sticks Succeeds!

1. Jun 17, 2006 #1

Pengwuino

Gold Member

So! I decided to try to make mozzarella cheese sticks! What happened next will go down in history.

So i found a deep fryer :biggrin: Then I got some pre-made cheese sticks (string cheese to be exact) and some egg, flour, salt, pepper, and bread crumbs. I get a bowl and mix in the egg, flour, salt, pepper, and bread crumbs. Well i didnt put enough flour in the first time so they werent sticking to the cheese. I put more flour in, still wouldn't stick. Said hell with it, just put them in anyways. So i put it in the fryer and well, the cheese melted.

So I'm like ":grumpy: ", in those exact words! So then i wonder... did my father give me flour? I know when i tried the onion rings, the batter stuck perfectly... So i taste the "flour" and yes, it was powdered sugar, not flour. I pretty much made molasses.

Attempt #2:

So I put out 2 dishes and a bowl. I put flour , salt and pepper in hte first dish, egg in the bowl, and bread crumbs in the second dish. Flour up the cheese sticks, toss them in the egg, bust out the bread crumbs and BOOM! It works! I enjoyed me some cheese sticks :biggrin:

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 17, 2006 #2

JamesU

Gold Member

why should I care?

4. Jun 17, 2006 #3

I love this kid :rofl:

5. Jun 17, 2006 #4

Pengwuino

Gold Member

Because i have just achieved in one deep fryer more then you will ever achieve in your life

6. Jun 17, 2006 #5

JamesU

Gold Member

But I still don't care...

7. Jun 17, 2006 #6

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Yum! Make me some! With a side of marinara sauce, please.

So you've now mastered onion rings and cheese sticks. What's next on your list, Pengwuino? Maybe buffalo wings? I think the next PF Superbowl party should be at your house. :approve:

8. Jun 17, 2006 #7

Pengwuino

Gold Member

When did i master onion rings? Onion rings humiliated me and then killed my dog. And then they killed my house!

9. Jun 17, 2006 #8

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

oh, too bad. I thought you'd gotten the hang of that. When you decide to give the deep fryer a rest, I'll teach you how to make oven-baked fries and sweet potato sticks. Good, and good for ya!

10. Jun 17, 2006 #9

Evo

Staff: Mentor

just buy one of those fried onion blossom kits at the grocery store

11. Jun 17, 2006 #10
    how can you not be able to tell the difference? powdered sugar is like talc. pastry flour is like that too but all purpose flour is way coarser. i would have thought most people could tell the difference just by touching them.

12. Jun 17, 2006 #11

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Or just go to The Outback and buy one already made. :biggrin:

13. Jun 17, 2006 #12

Pengwuino

Gold Member

may not have been all-purpoes flour. The sugar was coarser then our flower

14. Jun 17, 2006 #13
    I love those! Those flowering onions are great.

15. Jun 17, 2006 #14

Danger

Gold Member

Say what?! Are trying to tell me that those things are commercially available? I've sure never seen one in a store. Is that some Yank specialty?

Last edited: Jun 17, 2006
  16. Jun 18, 2006 #15

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Penguin rings are also very tasty.

17. Jun 18, 2006 #16

Evo

Lots of stores sell them.

Here's a place online that sells the kit. http://shop.brylanehome.com/product-123/7483/85368/1.htm

18. Jun 18, 2006 #17

Pengwuino

Gold Member

And Evo still won't compliment my skills! Im sad, Evo hates me :cry: :cry: :cry:

19. Jun 18, 2006 #18

JamesU

Gold Member

you lack skills...I'm sure Pizza hut has much better breatsticks

20. Jun 18, 2006 #19

Evo

I thought I had complemented your fine culinary skills. I'm sorry. (throws penqwuino some fried fish)

I mean, it's not everyone that attempts to fry cheese in powdered sugar. :bugeye:

21. Jun 18, 2006 #20

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

mmmmmm.. Pengwuin-Os! :rofl:

Do you serve those with ketchup or cocktail sauce?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?