Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Modeling a multi-story building using Ansys Apdl 14.5

1. Nov 15, 2015 #1
    Hello I am new to Ansys and currently conducting a study on ''property of lightweight structures'' I have read and watched videos online but nobody has the tutorials....i'm hoping someone here can help me on how to model a multi-storey building using Ansys...I hope this post makes sense. Thanks

Last edited: Nov 15, 2015
  2. jcsd
  3. Nov 17, 2015 #2

Mech_Engineer

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Creating the geometric representation of a building using just Ansys APDL will be quite an undertaking, since you would be creating potentially hundreds of beams/spars. Have you considered importing a geometry file from another source?

4. Nov 19, 2015 #3
    Hey thanks for the reply..but what other source would you recommend?

5. Nov 23, 2015 #4

Mech_Engineer

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Is the building already designed in some CAD tool? What kind of analysis are you looking to perform on said building?

6. Nov 25, 2015 #5
    The building will be designed in ansys...am using only ansys software to design and my question is how do i model the building step by step..but hey my question have been answered. Thanks a lot

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook