1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Support PF! Reminder for those going back to school to buy their text books via PF Here!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Intro Physics Modern physics coverage Halliday/Resnick/Krane 4E extended

1. Jan 22, 2015 #1
    How much additional material is in the extended version of Volume 2--how many additional chapters on what topics? Is it worth getting an extended edition copy for the additional modern physics material if one already has the non-extended version (and Young and Freedman 11E)?

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 22, 2015 #2

jtbell

Staff: Mentor

4. Jan 22, 2015 #3

jasonRF

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I have the extended 3rd edition and the extended portion is pretty wimpy. I agree completely with jtbell: just get a modern physics book instead. My 3rd semester physics included some modern physics and we used an old edition of Tipler that I liked:
    https://www.amazon.com/Modern-Physics-Paul-A-Tipler/dp/0879010886/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top
    It is dated, but can be found for cheap. Other folks probably know what books are better than Tipler.

jason

Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2017
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted