Halliday Resnick and Krane answer key for self study

In summary, the person is looking for an answer key to a textbook that they took in college. They are also looking for help from the community.
lonetomato
Hello,

I'll be starting grad school soon after taking two years off since undergrad. As a review, I'd like to go through all of Halliday Resnick and Krane's 5e "physics," doing as many problems, questions, exercises, and multiple choices as I can. Does anyone know where I could find an answer key for the multiple choice and questions (I have the instructors solutions manual but it only has exercises and problems)? Since most of them are so elementary it doesn't make much sense for me to verify each one individually; I'd like to just go through the entire book in a few days and check my answers quickly to make sure my time off didn't warp my understanding of basic physics.

Thanks in advance for any help you might be able to provide.

Physics news on Phys.org
Its a very old edition, the solution manual is about 21 MB. I suggest you download the latest edition with included solution manual. I can't post the link here as it is illegal to umm..

If you googled it you would've found it by now, which really should be the warning to anyone who tries to start a new thread

Thanks for your response. I have googled, of course, and as I said, I already have the solutions manual. My point (which I think I stated pretty clearly, so I don't really understand your snideness) was that the instructors solutions manual doesn't include answers to the "multiple choice" or "questions," which is why I'm trying to figure out if there exists some kind of supplementary answer-key type document. That way I could go through those conceptual questions very quickly which I think would be more beneficial to making sure I've still got all my facts straight than only doing the problems, many of which are too elementary/tedious. The fact that it is an older, (in my opinion) standard edition I thought would make it easier to find such a key.

hi lonetomato,

were u able to get the answer manual to multiple choice and questions in physics, 5th edition?
please let me know becoz even i am in search f it

Providing solution manuals is not allowed on this forum.

Not to mention textspeak.

1. What is the "Halliday Resnick and Krane answer key for self study"?

The "Halliday Resnick and Krane answer key for self study" is a supplemental resource for the textbook "Fundamentals of Physics" by David Halliday, Robert Resnick, and Jearl Walker, and "Introduction to Quantum Mechanics" by David Halliday, Robert Resnick, and Kenneth Krane. It contains answers to the end-of-chapter problems in these textbooks, allowing students to check their work and better understand the concepts.

2. Who can benefit from using the "Halliday Resnick and Krane answer key for self study"?

This answer key is primarily designed for self-study purposes, so anyone using the textbooks mentioned above can benefit from it. This includes students, teachers, and anyone interested in learning physics or quantum mechanics.

3. Are the answers in the "Halliday Resnick and Krane answer key for self study" accurate?

Yes, the answers in this answer key have been carefully checked for accuracy by the authors themselves. However, it is still possible for errors to occur, so it is always best to double-check with your instructor or peers if you are unsure about an answer.

4. Is the "Halliday Resnick and Krane answer key for self study" a replacement for studying and practicing problems?

No, the answer key should not be used as a replacement for studying and practicing problems. It is meant to be used as a tool to supplement your learning and ensure you are on the right track. It is important to still read the chapters, attend lectures, and actively engage in problem-solving to fully grasp the concepts.

5. Is the "Halliday Resnick and Krane answer key for self study" available for free?

No, the answer key is not available for free. It can be purchased separately from the textbooks or bundled together with them. However, many schools and universities have access to the answer key through their library or online resources. Check with your institution to see if this is an option for you.