Molar volume and surface tension of nanoparticle

In summary, the person is asking about how to calculate the molar volume and surface tension of nanoparticles. They are wondering if they need to calculate these parameters themselves or if they are available in tables. They clarify that they are referring to nanoparticles in a pure state before absorption. The expert responds by stating that surface tension is only applicable to the interface between two fluids, not solids, but it can be calculated for a nano-fluid once the particles are suspended in the fluid.
Farshad
Hi .how can i calculate the molar volume and surface tension of nanoparticles ? shoud i have to calculate? or these parameters is available in tables or sth?

Engineering news on Phys.org
Sorry but I don't understand what you are really asking about in your question .

Are you possibly asking about the properties of a fluid containing a suspension of nanoparticles ?

Nidum said:
Sorry but I don't understand what you are really asking about in your question .

Are you possibly asking about the properties of a fluid containing a suspension of nanoparticles ?

No,Nanoparticles are in pure state and they want to absorb asphaltene dissolved in toluene. I want to have data on molar volume and surface tension of nanoparticles in pure state (i.e. before absorption)

As far as Surface tension is concerned,It is a concept that is applicable only to surfaces that separate two fluids.There is no such thing applicable for solids.However,you can find the ST of a nano-fluid once you suspend the particles in the fluid.

1. What is molar volume?

Molar volume refers to the amount of space occupied by one mole of a substance at a given temperature and pressure. It is often measured in units of liters per mole (L/mol).

2. How is molar volume related to nanoparticles?

Nanoparticles have a larger surface area-to-volume ratio compared to larger particles, which can affect their molar volume. This means that the molar volume of nanoparticles may be different from the molar volume of the same substance in bulk form.

3. What is surface tension?

Surface tension is the force that causes the surface of a liquid to behave like a thin, elastic membrane. It is a measure of the resistance of a liquid to increase its surface area.

4. How does surface tension affect nanoparticles?

The surface tension of nanoparticles can play a significant role in their properties and behavior. It can affect how they interact with other particles and substances, as well as their stability and reactivity.

5. Can the surface tension of nanoparticles be manipulated?

Yes, the surface tension of nanoparticles can be manipulated through various methods, such as changing the surface chemistry or using surfactants. This can have an impact on their applications in various fields, such as medicine and environmental remediation.