Mom Worries About Daughter With Norovirus

  • Thread starter Thread starter dlgoff
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
4 replies · 1K views
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Messages
4,458
Reaction score
3,266
TL;DR
A bad thing to learn
I just got a call informing me that my middle daughter has the Norovirus. I'm so worried about her.
 
Biology news on Phys.org
dlgoff said:
Summary:: A bad thing to learn

middle daughter has the Norovirus. I'm so worried about her.
aka stomach flu.

Best to manage a fever, if one, and drink something like Gatorade or drink with electrolytes to replace that lost with vomiting and diarrhea. I usually mix Gatorade with coconut water, the later having more potassium. I like to have a balance of sodium and potassium, so 50/50 mix of Gatorade and coconut water.
 
  • Like
  • Informative
Likes   Reactions: berkeman, pinball1970 and dlgoff
Astronuc said:
aka stomach flu.
I did not know that.
 
  • Informative
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: pinball1970 and dlgoff