More about the passing away of Mr Dyson

  • Topic: News 
  • Thread starter Thread starter sbrothy
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 1K views
Physics news on Phys.org
I discovered the other day that
Richard Feynman was a synesthete.

I wonder how many of these brillant scientists had/have this ability/curse (?). I mean all things considered it must be a help being able to manipulate numbers using addive/optical color-mixing...
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: DaveE
sbrothy said:
I discovered the other day that
Richard Feynman was a synesthete.

I wonder how many of these brillant scientists had/have this ability/curse (?). I mean all things considered it must be a help being able to manipulate numbers using addive/optical color-mixing...
"To many, Richard Feynman is an inspiration. Without a doubt, he was the same caliber of man, as well as scientist, as Carl Sagan, Neil Degrasse Tyson, and Bill Nye."

I don't think these are the people most of us would have compared him too. Clearly more journalist than physicist writing this.
 
  • Like
  • Wow
Likes   Reactions: weirdoguy, Mondayman, sbrothy and 2 others