Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

More Music Compilations like NOW

1. Aug 21, 2007 #1
    "Now That's What I Call Music!" is the compilation of cool songs of the year. You can get more info. on: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Now_That's_What_I_Call_Music

I was wondering if you guys know of more compilation like this one.

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 21, 2007 #2

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Uh, there are literally thousands of different compilation series in almost every concievable genre of music.

- Warren
  4. Aug 21, 2007 #3

Gold Member

Now that's what I call homogenized crap.

If you love music, you should explore music, develop interests and tastes, and patronize the artists that appeal to you by buying their music, attending their concerts, etc. That's how they make their living. You can do this locally, too, buy attending blues jams, open-mike nights, and performances by local artists. If you really like their music, tell them. The more friendly performers may be willing to talk to you about their influences, so you can dig deeper into the music that moved them. I ran a weekly blues/rock open-mike jam at a local tavern for a few years, and there was only one thing more enjoyable than having a kid and one or both of their parents come up and talk on a break, and find out how I learned guitar and vocals and who influenced me. The most enjoyable thing was having the parents show up with the kid, so they could take part in the jam. No kid was too young, too green, or too unskilled to be welcome, in my book. Over the course of weeks and months, it was so gratifying to watch these kids improve and strive to learn more.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?