More Music Compilations like NOW

• Music
  • Thread starter Skhandelwal
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Music
In summary, "Now That's What I Call Music" is a popular compilation of songs from various genres. There are many other compilation series available, but it's important to also support artists by exploring and purchasing their music and attending their concerts. Local music scenes also offer opportunities to discover new music and interact with performers.
Skhandelwal
"Now That's What I Call Music!" is the compilation of cool songs of the year. You can get more info. on: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Now_That's_What_I_Call_Music

I was wondering if you guys know of more compilation like this one.

Thx.

Science news on Phys.org
Uh, there are literally thousands of different compilation series in almost every concievable genre of music.

- Warren

Now that's what I call homogenized crap.

If you love music, you should explore music, develop interests and tastes, and patronize the artists that appeal to you by buying their music, attending their concerts, etc. That's how they make their living. You can do this locally, too, buy attending blues jams, open-mike nights, and performances by local artists. If you really like their music, tell them. The more friendly performers may be willing to talk to you about their influences, so you can dig deeper into the music that moved them. I ran a weekly blues/rock open-mike jam at a local tavern for a few years, and there was only one thing more enjoyable than having a kid and one or both of their parents come up and talk on a break, and find out how I learned guitar and vocals and who influenced me. The most enjoyable thing was having the parents show up with the kid, so they could take part in the jam. No kid was too young, too green, or too unskilled to be welcome, in my book. Over the course of weeks and months, it was so gratifying to watch these kids improve and strive to learn more.

1. What is the purpose of creating music compilations like NOW?

The purpose of creating music compilations like NOW is to curate a collection of popular songs from various artists and genres in one album. This allows listeners to easily access and enjoy a diverse range of music without having to purchase multiple albums.

2. How are the songs selected for inclusion in music compilations like NOW?

The songs are usually selected based on their popularity and chart performance. Music compilations like NOW often feature songs that are currently trending or have been popular in recent times.

3. Are the songs on music compilations like NOW original recordings or covers?

The songs on music compilations like NOW are usually original recordings. However, some compilations may feature cover versions of popular songs by different artists.

4. How often are new volumes of music compilations like NOW released?

New volumes of music compilations like NOW are typically released every few months. This allows for the inclusion of the latest popular songs and ensures that the compilation remains relevant to current music trends.

5. Are there any alternatives to music compilations like NOW?

Yes, there are other companies and brands that release similar music compilations, such as "The Hits" and "So Fresh". These compilations may have a slightly different selection of songs and artists, but they serve the same purpose of providing a diverse collection of popular music.