More popular: Simpsons or Seinfeld?

Which do you enjoy more, The Simpsons or Seinfeld?

1. Both equally

4 vote(s)
    7.8%
  2. Neither

1 vote(s)
    2.0%
  3. The Simpsons

28 vote(s)
    54.9%
  4. Seinfeld

18 vote(s)
    35.3%
  1. Which do you enjoy more and why?

2. jcsd
  3. ShawnD

ShawnD 986
    Science Advisor

I picked the simpsons just because it's easier to follow. Seinfeld is a great show, but it needs a lot of time dedicated to it, and a lot of the jokes relate to something else that happens in the show. Everything in Seinfeld is a result of something else, and if you missed that something because you were getting a drink, you won't understand the joke(s).

4. The Simpsons, Seinfeld is trivial.

marlon

5. You're a fool. (Edit: And your ugly). Seinfeld is much better, provided you have a brain to get the jokes. Its adult comedy and its funny. The simpsons were funny, but now they pretty much suck. Its situational comedy.

Bye byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Last edited: Aug 11, 2007
  6. Seinfeld got canceled, The Simpsons didn't. I vote for the Simpsons

7. Seinfeld was never canceled.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This show defined comedy on TV in the 90's.

Come on people, seinfeld is priceless.

8. Both shows changed TV history, so it's tough. Seinfeld at least knew when to stop, they finished the show before it ever became stale... the simpsons just keep going and going and going when they should have stopped somewhere around 1997/98.

I vote for seinfeld. Seinfeld episodes aren't just funny, they are smart, and even brilliant at times. You just don't see many scripts of such quality on TV very often.

[​IMG]

9. JasonRox

JasonRox 2,327
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

The question is...

Which is more popular?

And not...

Which is better?

I like Seinfeld more than the Simpsons, but the Simpsons is obviously more popular.

10. G01

G01 2,698
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

The Simpsons episodes of late have not been the best ever, but they aren't bad. The movie turned out to be good in my opinion and in Ebert's (4 out of 5 stars). The feature film clinches it, Seinfeld is a great show but it never made it to the big screen. I think this shows that the Simpsons are more popular with most people.

Seinfeld may be more intelligent humor, but that doesn't determine popularity.

11. mathwonk

mathwonk 9,848
    Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

i iiked grouchos you bet your life, and sid caesars your show of shows. and fantasyland on the disney show. seinfeld is more like abbot and (3) costello(s), which i also liked. but i especially liked the simpsons episode where paul mccartney and linda had a meditation garden above apu's store with entrance behind the non alcoholic beer. which "has never been a problem". oh yeah and when the super christian neighbor flanders turned out to be the devil. and the golfing marine biologist episode of seinfeld "easy big fella", and the line where cramer romances george's now lesbian erstwhile fiance "i drive em away and he brings em back!" how to choose? but tracy ullman was the best. she gave the simpsons their start.

12. Some of my favorites: The Simpsons' Halloween episodes. If you think on it, the term "episode" is quite appropriate for raving comedy.

13. radou

radou 3,215
    Homework Helper

And The Simpsons are quantum physics?! :tongue:

14. You are just "half-funny" (Edit: And you are even more ugly, Yeah, THAT'S what YOU are).

Seinfeld is trivial and the jokes are wayyy too obvious, but hey maybe that's difficult enough for you.

Running out of language options ? I must have really hurt you with that one. 1-0 for Marlon

Au revoir Au revoiiiiiirrrrr

Indeed, remember the 3-D episode ? :wink:

marlon

15. Chi Meson

Chi Meson 1,772
    Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Just before Seinfeld left the air, it was the most popular show on TV. Interestingly, the Simpsons were putting out their best episodes at the same time (95--97). Seinfeld quit at the top, while Simpsons decided to "ride that sucker into the ground."

16. Some of the jokes on Seinfeld are absolutely AMAZING.

17. russ_watters

Staff: Mentor

Ehh, a lot of shows make it to the big screen that shouldn't - what defines the Simpsons' popularity is the fact that they are on their 19th season! Seinfeld went 9.

18. Kurdt

Kurdt 4,941
    Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I chose Simpsons because in the UK Seinfeld was broadcast on BBC 2 at midnight which wasn't a good time when you're only about 10 years old. Consequently I've never seen it.

19. JasonRox

JasonRox 2,327
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

I used to watch it at 10pm everynight! And then I would watch Jay Leno at 11:35pm. I was 12 at the time when I started.

20. Greg Bernhardt

Staff: Admin

Seinfeld. They knew when to go out on top. The Simpsons movie should have came out 6-7 years ago. I stopped watching the Simpsons after the first 10 years, after that it got REALLY old and homer became annoying.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2007
  21. JasonRox

JasonRox 2,327
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

I agree with the fact that the Simpsons should have ended, but in the end, they're still the most popular.

I stopped watching it like 7-8 years ago. I probably seen like 5 or so new episodes since.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thead via email, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?