1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Most distinguished international computer certificat?

1. Aug 31, 2008 #1
    Hi,

which are the most distinguished international computer certificates that people could do? I mean without studying informatics of course.

What is the area of this certificate? Programming? Web Design? Administration? A litlle bit of everything? :confused:

I thougt on icdl and definetly certificates in programming like Java oder C++ but who provided it and is international distinguished?

All for private persons. Of course is graduate education more distinguished.

greetings

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 31, 2008 #2
    Are you talking about IT certificates or like college degrees? Non-IT college certificates are quite easy to obtain since they require less coursework.

4. Sep 1, 2008 #3
    Hi,

I didn't mean college degrees. It is clear and good, that college degrees are more distinguished, because they are an academic education and have to be better. It would be worst if not.

What do you mean, which non-college certificat are very distinguished?

greetings

5. Sep 1, 2008 #4
    The *absolutely free* smalltalk/squeak self-certificated course in object oriented programming, taking a couple of years and involving perusing twenty books by real experts:

http://stephane.ducasse.free.fr/FreeBooks.htm

6. Sep 2, 2008 #5
    Well if we're talking networking here, then the most prestigious certification would be Cisco's CCIE. It is the highest level of professional certification that Cisco provides. There are five active CCIE tracks. As of April 6, 2008 there are 16,335 people with active CCIE certifications in the world.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?