Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Move Over Sudoku; Studies Show Virtual Worlds Can Be Good for Your Health

1. Mar 12, 2012 #1
    A recent story on Forbes.com reported on a new study about the effects of playing massively-multiplayer online games on one’s cognitive abilities. Conducted on a small sample group of 39 adults between the ages of 60 and 77, the study … Continue reading →http://stats.wordpress.com/b.gif?host=virtualnavigator.wordpress.com&blog=11498882&post=875&subd=virtualnavigator&ref=&feed=1

Read More...

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 12, 2012 #2
    The idea that video games like WoW would end up being regulated as "opiates" sounds a little absurd to me...

but I will definitely testify to the mind-absorbing (my parents call it numbing) effects of video games.

Sounds a little like "mind over matter"

4. Mar 12, 2012 #3

Drakkith

Staff: Mentor

Wow, only 39 people in their sample...seems pretty low to me.

5. Mar 12, 2012 #4

Pyrrhus

Homework Helper

Yes. Very small subject size, and also small panel size. I doubt of the applicability of the results.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook