Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Movie about kid travelling at the speed of light

1. Apr 26, 2006 #1
    Do you guys remember that movie about that kid that got onto an ailien spacecract and travelled through space near the speed of light and when he came back it was like 25 years later? What was then name of that movie?
  2. jcsd
  3. Apr 26, 2006 #2
    Spaceballs? :biggrin:
    ...at least that's what google tells me. I dn't know...
  4. Apr 26, 2006 #3
    Flight of the Navigator? It's a Disney movie I remember seeing and thinking, "why did the boy not get any older?" I was 10 when I saw it and had never heard of relativity. This movie, however, does not have a time difference of 25 years, only eight so I am unsure if it is the one you have in mind.

Here's a link on a write up someone did: http://mjyoung.net/time/flight.html
  5. Apr 26, 2006 #4
    yeah, is that that movie with the silver spaceship, and then the kid is in like a hostpital or something and his brain is full of information. and then he's in some hospital room, and there's some guys looking at him through 2-way glass and I think there's a robot, and then he's on the spaceship and flying all over the place...in the desert I think.

...that's all I rememeber
    and he's in a ditch or something at the beginning of the movie, I believe.
  6. Apr 26, 2006 #5
    Hell yeah, thats it! Thanks.
  7. Apr 26, 2006 #6
    wow i read that whole site. i haven't even seen the movie. that was really long.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?