Movie about kid travelling at the speed of light

In summary, the conversation was about trying to remember the name of a movie where a kid boards an alien spaceship and travels through space at the speed of light, only to return to Earth years later. Some possible suggestions were Spaceballs and Flight of the Navigator, which led to a discussion about the plot and details of the latter. Eventually, the group confirms that Flight of the Navigator is the movie in question.
JoshHolloway
Do you guys remember that movie about that kid that got onto an ailien spacecract and traveled through space near the speed of light and when he came back it was like 25 years later? What was then name of that movie?

Physics news on Phys.org
Spaceballs? :biggrin:
...at least that's what google tells me. I dn't know...

Flight of the Navigator? It's a Disney movie I remember seeing and thinking, "why did the boy not get any older?" I was 10 when I saw it and had never heard of relativity. This movie, however, does not have a time difference of 25 years, only eight so I am unsure if it is the one you have in mind.

Here's a link on a write up someone did: http://mjyoung.net/time/flight.html

yeah, is that that movie with the silver spaceship, and then the kid is in like a hostpital or something and his brain is full of information. and then he's in some hospital room, and there's some guys looking at him through 2-way glass and I think there's a robot, and then he's on the spaceship and flying all over the place...in the desert I think.

...that's all I rememeber
and he's in a ditch or something at the beginning of the movie, I believe.

Hell yeah, that's it! Thanks.

wow i read that whole site. i haven't even seen the movie. that was really long.

1. What is the movie about "kid travelling at the speed of light"?

The movie is about a kid who discovers a way to travel at the speed of light, and the adventures and consequences that come with this ability.

2. Is the movie based on any scientific theories or concepts?

Yes, the movie is based on the theory of special relativity which states that as an object approaches the speed of light, its mass increases and time slows down.

3. Who is the target audience for this movie?

The target audience for this movie is generally young adults and science fiction enthusiasts, but it can also be enjoyed by anyone interested in science and space exploration.

4. Are there any notable actors or directors involved in the making of this movie?

Yes, the movie stars well-known actors and actresses and is directed by a renowned director who is known for his/her work in the science fiction genre.

5. What makes this movie stand out from other sci-fi films?

This movie stands out from other sci-fi films because it explores the concept of time and space travel in a unique and thought-provoking way, with a focus on the personal growth and development of the main character.