MS Office 2010 - purchase doubts

• Thread starter logearav
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Doubts
In summary, the conversation is discussing the purchase of MS Office 2010 and whether or not it requires periodic renewals like Norton Anti Virus does. The conversation also suggests trying OpenOffice for free before purchasing MS Office, and mentions that Office 2000 has lasted for many years without needing to be updated. It is mentioned that annual subscriptions for Office are available but there is not much information about them.
logearav
MS Office 2010 -- purchase doubts

Dear members,
Products like Norton Anti Virus, when bought, is valid for one year or two years depending on the type of purchase and we have to renew the subscription periodically. Whether this applies to MS Office 2010? I plan to buy it. It will be waste of money if i have to pay periodically for this. Let me know if i can use MSOffice 2010 as long as I wish, if i buy it. Thanks in advance.

Computer science news on Phys.org

It's one time.

I would recommend downloading OpenOffice for free and determine if it meets your needs first.

Thanks DavidSnider. I ll try Open office first as suggested by you

My copy of Office 2000 works as well today for quickly whipping up one-offs and basic typesetting as it did when I bought it back in 1998 (okay, okay, I bought a copy of 2007 when I needed to expand to another full-time computer). With the Compatibility Pack, I can even open Open XML (i.e. .docx, .xlsx, etc.) files!

I do believe that you can buy annual subscriptions to Office, but I really haven't heard too much about it (including whether or not it's still offered) since it was first introduced a few years back:
http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/press/2008/jul08/07-02equiptpr.mspx

Hello,

Thank you for your question. I am not an expert in software purchasing, but I can provide some information about MS Office 2010.

MS Office 2010 is a one-time purchase, meaning that you do not need to renew a subscription to continue using it. However, it is important to note that Microsoft will no longer provide technical support or security updates for this version after October 13, 2020. This means that while you can continue using MS Office 2010 as long as you wish, it may become vulnerable to security threats over time.

If you are concerned about having to pay for updates or subscriptions, you may want to consider purchasing a more recent version of MS Office, such as Office 2019 or Office 365. These versions come with ongoing technical support and security updates, but do require a subscription fee.

Ultimately, the decision to purchase MS Office 2010 or a newer version depends on your specific needs and budget. I recommend researching and comparing the features and prices of different versions to determine which one best fits your needs.

I hope this information was helpful. Best of luck with your purchase decision.

Sincerely,

What is MS Office 2010?

MS Office 2010 is a software suite developed by Microsoft that includes popular applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. It is used for creating, editing, and managing documents, spreadsheets, presentations, and emails.

How much does MS Office 2010 cost?

The cost of MS Office 2010 varies depending on the specific edition and licensing options. It can range from $149.99 for the Home and Student edition to $499.99 for the Professional Plus edition. There may also be additional fees for licensing and support.

Is it necessary to purchase MS Office 2010?

It is not necessary to purchase MS Office 2010, as there are other alternatives available such as Google Docs and OpenOffice. However, if you rely on the advanced features and compatibility of MS Office, it may be a worthwhile investment.

Can I upgrade to MS Office 2010 from an older version?

Yes, you can upgrade to MS Office 2010 from an older version. However, there may be additional fees for the upgrade and some features may not be compatible with the new version.

Are there any discounts available for purchasing MS Office 2010?

Microsoft occasionally offers discounts for MS Office 2010, particularly for students and educational institutions. There may also be bundle options available when purchasing multiple licenses. It is best to check their official website for any current promotions.