1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

MSc in Logic and Foundation of Mathematics

1. Jan 26, 2014 #1
    Hi all, I got a BSc in Mathematical Science (not very good result: 3.00/4.00) but I'm interested to further my study in Logic and Foundation of Mathematics.
    Can I take MSc in Logic and Foundation of Mathematics with such result? If can, which university you guys would recommend?

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 26, 2014 #2
    I understand there is a hive of logical activity at the University of Amsterdam. I believe courses relevant to you are taught in English. You could try the MSc Logic - mathematics track (also on offer: philosophy, computer science or linguistics track).

Here is a list of all postgraduate courses in the UK listed under 'mathematics' with keyword 'logic'.

http://www.prospects.ac.uk/search_courses_results.htm [Broken]

I understand Bristol are world class in philosophy of mathematics (they have a Logic and Philosophy of Mathematics degree) if that is what you mean by foundations. I am also told Manchester are very strong for logic.

I'm sorry I don't know how a 3.00/4.00 translate to UK or Dutch requirements but their websites should help you out.

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2017
  4. Jan 27, 2014 #3
    Thanks pi.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook