Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Multiple birth and cut algorithm

1. Jul 11, 2014 #1
    Hi there

I have found an algorithm within the literature that is known as multiple birth and cut.

It is in a word fantastic! It seems like it has the potential to solve a problem I have been fighting with.

I have been tasked with detecting nuclei in histopathology images and so far the best things I could come up with is using the hough transform with simulated annealing. It takes time and the underlying assumptions are all wrong!

Does anyone know of any opensource software for the above algorithm? I would say that it would be worth doing it from scratch but the mathematics is too complicated (markov random field strategies and gibbs sampling to name but a few).

Thanks for looking guys

D

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 11, 2014 #2
    I don't quite understand what you need to plot, but have you looked into Paraview or Mayavi?

4. Jul 12, 2014 #3
    They are pretty epic but not quite what I'm after. However I know a few people who will be interested so thanks for the links

5. Jul 12, 2014 #4
    oops...sorry...wrong thread...I thought my post hadn't gone through to this thread, when I saw a page without my posting...too many Chrome tabs open...:confused:

6. Jul 12, 2014 #5
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook