Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Music conversion software (to 12 notes only)

1. Dec 19, 2012 #1

taylaron

Gold Member

Greetings PFers
    I've got a Capricorn Electronics Caroling Christmas Bells.
    http://www.digitalfires.com/bells/

I'm not going to pay $90 for another music cartridge, so i've decided to program in my own songs... yay!!....

My trouble is that I need a piece of software to convert some simple music (like a CD of just bells playing) into only 12 notes. There are 12 bells, each of a different note on my Christmas Bell set. Does anyone have any suggestions?
    Perhaps I could use a piece of software that makes tablatures (but only 12 notes...)
    I have little musical background, but sufficient engineering experience to do this.

Thanks for your help.

Kind regards.
    -Tay

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 19, 2012 #2

Borek

Staff: Mentor

Try to google for carol sheet music.

4. Dec 19, 2012 #3

Hepth

Gold Member

Look for very simple MIDI songs, and use those to command the module. There are plenty of MIDI christmas songs, and with an editor you can customize them.

Basically what you're looking for is converting the midi output to some way to store them on your cartridge, or maybe you can just control it yoruself.

5. Dec 21, 2012 #4

robphy

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2014
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook