Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Musician for President

1. Jan 22, 2009 #1
    If you could elect any musician as president which would it be? I would chose Lemmy Kilmister.
  2. jcsd
  3. Jan 22, 2009 #2

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Yikes! Lemmy Kilmister President?

This post could put me on the Secret Service watch list.
  4. Jan 22, 2009 #3
    I'd say Tim McIlrath, of Rise Against.

Oh, let me mention, he's a vegetarian (i think he might even be vegan) and has heterochromia (two different colored eyes=cool) as well as being a straight edge (no drugs, drinking, etc). Reason it'll never happen: A. Hes a musician not a politician and B. He's really liberal.

On a more likely chance is Krist Novoselic the former bassist for Nirvana who is active in Washington state politics.
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2009
  5. Jan 22, 2009 #4

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Easy. Let's have another Clinton... George Clinton!
  6. Jan 22, 2009 #5

Gold Member

I'd have to pick Dan Fogelberg if he wasn't so dead. Maybe "the boss"...
  7. Jan 22, 2009 #6

Staff: Mentor

Uhm, none?
  8. Jan 23, 2009 #7
    For the US, I'd choose Zack de la Rocha, that would be fun to watch!
    For South Africa (my country of birth), Johnny Clegg
    For Belgium, Trent Reznor, that would keep things interesting
  9. Jan 23, 2009 #8
    If Zack de la Rocha became president the south would secede again.

Mike Einziger [the guitarist from Incubus] would be a cool choice.
  10. Jan 23, 2009 #9
    I agree. Musicians should not be presidents. I don't even think most musicians should even be musicians.
  11. Jan 23, 2009 #10
    Sting because Sting cares.

Lemmy would rock actually, he actually seems to be a pretty average bloke off stage.
  12. Jan 23, 2009 #11

Gold Member

George Michael, he (could) avert cock ups.
  13. Jan 23, 2009 #12

Gold Member

I've never heard of this Lemmy fellow till today.
    I don't know if I like his political leanings:

I don't really have a problem with his Nazi stuff. I've an original copy of Mein Kampf on my bookshelf, and about 1000 Nazi stamps in my collection. But a libertarian? I've never met a libertarian I agreed with on anything. And I mean anything.

I'd elect Joni Mitchell. She sings perty.

One of her songs, The Three Great Stimulants", might indicate some of her social and political leanings.

Oh my. I've never read the lyrics before. It's "Artifice and Innocence". I always thought she was singing "Part of it's an innocence". I always wondered why my count was off on that song.

Hmmm... Reading all of the lyrics, it looks as though absolutely nothing has changed since 1985, when the song was written. hmmm..... Imagine that.
  14. Jan 23, 2009 #13
    Well... the choice is obvious. Clearly, no musician has "ready for office" written all over him more than Cedric Bixler-Zavala:

Mostly because I'd love to see him at press meetings, throwing mike-stands and monitors at reporters, yelling at them for "acting like a bunch of white people."
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2009
  15. Jan 23, 2009 #14
    I'm thinking Danny Elfman, he's a really smart dude.
  16. Jan 23, 2009 #15
    I chose Lemmy because he seems like a cool person and he would try and minimize the govt. He wouldn't want the govt. to keep expanding like current politicians do.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?