Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

My Account seems to have malfunctioned.

1. May 5, 2008 #1
    My last user name was whitay. However it seems to have become inactive, I could not post or edit my account details. I attempted to message one of the administrators however all attempts failed because it said I was not allowed or my account did not have permission.

Though I am aware that having multiple accounts is frowned upon, I couldn't think of anything else to do. If possible it would be nice to have my previous account back and if need be, delete this one. Inform me through this thread as I will watch this to see how this can be resolved or if any action is taken.

2. jcsd
  3. May 5, 2008 #2

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

Your "whitay" account seems to have had its status changed to "awaiting email confirmation." I can't change that, but I'll ask Greg to do it for you.

Thread moved to feedback.
  4. May 5, 2008 #3
    I don't remember receiving an email and I do use the account which whitay is registered under.
  5. May 5, 2008 #4

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

Hmm, well these things happen, I guess. I've not been mentoring for that long, so I don't know whether this is a recurring problem or not. Anyway, I've PMed Greg, so hopefully he can sort it for you soon!
  6. May 5, 2008 #5

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Just seems there is no e-mail address linked to the account. If you enter a new one you'll have to wait for an e-mail and click a link in it to activate the account again.
  7. May 5, 2008 #6
    whitay is activated again
  8. May 6, 2008 #7
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?