Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

My biology teacher could barely speak English

1. Jan 26, 2013 #1
    Capillaries? Sorry about my whining last night, Evo, I was having a bad night. I won't bore you guys with the details. Is there a link where I could learn how to utilize these features. If I want to mark a quote where the OP is featured, the only way I can do it is quote the whole post. But, of course, I just want to pull out the piece I'm commenting on. Also, I find myself typically reluctant to post any maths on here because I have to spell everything out, like h-bar and E=mc^2. Forget any fancy functions with quotients, etc. I obviously know it can be done because I see it here, I just don't know how to do it.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2013
  2. jcsd
  3. Jan 26, 2013 #2

phinds

Gold Member
    2016 Award

Re: Protocol

Well, no, you can capture the whole quote and then delete the part you don't want, OR you can capture the whole quote, delete everything except the quote tags and then cut and paste the part you DO want into the quote tags.

4. Jan 26, 2013 #3

Ok, so you delete within the text, got it. Thanks. Any suggestions on the "Symbolic" notation, is that it? I find myself reluctant to express any maths here because I don't know how do write these things symbolically.

5. Jan 26, 2013 #4

Use tex tags. Quote this post to see how.
    [tex]y = x^2[/tex]

6. Jan 26, 2013 #5

Like this? You're taxing my cognitive capablilies here, Jimmy, I need to take it slow.

7. Jan 26, 2013 #6

Quote my other post again, but this time don't reply to it. Just read it.

8. Jan 26, 2013 #7

Use tex tags. Quote this post to see how.
    y=x2

9. Jan 26, 2013 #8

This is too hard for me Jimmy, I'm failing.

10. Jan 26, 2013 #9

jtbell

Staff: Mentor

From the Physicsforums FAQ in the Feedback forum:

How to type mathematical equations here?

On my Mac, I can see the LaTeX code for any equation by control-clicking on the equation and choosing "Show Math As --> TeX Commands" from the menu that pops up. Someone else can tell you how to do it on Windows with a normal 3-button mouse. Left-click, maybe?

11. Jan 27, 2013 #10

dx

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

You can do the same in windows.

right click -> show math as -> TeX commands

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook