My biology teacher could barely speak English

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
9 replies · 2K views
DiracPool
Messages
1,254
Reaction score
514
My biology teacher could barely speak English, but after a couple of weeks you got used to hearing "ka PEEL ah rees". You figure it out.

Capillaries? Sorry about my whining last night, Evo, I was having a bad night. I won't bore you guys with the details. Is there a link where I could learn how to utilize these features. If I want to mark a quote where the OP is featured, the only way I can do it is quote the whole post. But, of course, I just want to pull out the piece I'm commenting on. Also, I find myself typically reluctant to post any maths on here because I have to spell everything out, like h-bar and E=mc^2. Forget any fancy functions with quotients, etc. I obviously know it can be done because I see it here, I just don't know how to do it.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Biology news on Phys.org


DiracPool said:
... Is there a link where I could learn how to utilize these features. If I want to mark a quote where the OP is featured, the only way I can do it is quote the whole post.

Well, no, you can capture the whole quote and then delete the part you don't want, OR you can capture the whole quote, delete everything except the quote tags and then cut and paste the part you DO want into the quote tags.
 


phinds said:
you DO want into the quote tags.

Ok, so you delete within the text, got it. Thanks. Any suggestions on the "Symbolic" notation, is that it? I find myself reluctant to express any maths here because I don't know how do write these things symbolically.
 


DiracPool said:
Ok, so you delete within the text, got it. Thanks. Any suggestions on the "Symbolic" notation, is that it? I find myself reluctant to express any maths here because I don't know how do write these things symbolically.
Use tex tags. Quote this post to see how.
[tex]y = x^2[/tex]
 


Jimmy Snyder said:
Quote this post to see how.
[tex]y = x^2[/tex]

Like this? You're taxing my cognitive capablilies here, Jimmy, I need to take it slow.
 


Quote my other post again, but this time don't reply to it. Just read it.
 


Use tex tags. Quote this post to see how.
y=x2
 


From the Physicsforums FAQ in the Feedback forum:

How to type mathematical equations here?

On my Mac, I can see the LaTeX code for any equation by control-clicking on the equation and choosing "Show Math As --> TeX Commands" from the menu that pops up. Someone else can tell you how to do it on Windows with a normal 3-button mouse. Left-click, maybe?
 


You can do the same in windows.

right click -> show math as -> TeX commands