My First Pics of Jupiter - Terrible But Awesome!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Drakkith
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Jupiter
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
10 replies · 4K views
Mentor
Messages
23,212
Reaction score
7,701
Just thought I'd share my terrible (but awesome) pics of Jupiter. First decent photo of a planet I've been able to take so far.
 
Attachments
  • Jupiter-Final Resized.jpg
    Jupiter-Final Resized.jpg
    2.6 KB · Views: 496
Physics news on Phys.org
turbo-1 said:
Nice for a first attempt! What instrument and camera are you using?

Meade LXD 75 10 inch Schmidt-Newtonian with the Meade Deep Sky Imager II.
 
Drakkith said:
Meade LXD 75 10 inch Schmidt-Newtonian with the Meade Deep Sky Imager II.
That's a pretty nice 'scope and camera set-up. Keep pegging away at it. I haven't done any astrophotography since the film era, but it was the most technically demanding hobby ever.
 
I especially like the two space invaders attacking it.
 
Drakkith said:
Just thought I'd share my terrible (but awesome) pics of Jupiter. First decent photo of a planet I've been able to take so far.

Awesome pic!
 
Jimmy Snyder said:
I especially like the two space invaders attacking it.

LOL!

Yeah, those are two of the it's moons. OR PERHAPS DEATH STARS!?