My photo of Jupiter (I think)

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
4 replies · 2K views
PhysicsEnjoyer31415
Gold Member
Messages
65
Reaction score
33
TL;DR
This was few months ago , i have a celestron 50az powerseeker telescope and i have the skysafari app which i use to view direction and stuff. I took these blurry photos by putting my phone camera on my lens directly(if its blurry its either my hand moving or the light pollution,also street lights are orange blue ).Just wanted to put these out there . I am very new to astrophotography and have zero experience and do it just for the fun so please dont judge the quality of the images.Enjoy!
20240219_223142.jpg
 
Astronomy news on Phys.org
I have a friend who has a YouTube channel and can take good pictures with smartphones. Here is a link to one of his videos with a review of a smartphone adapter for telescopes.
 
  • Informative
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: berkeman and PhysicsEnjoyer31415
FactChecker said:
I have a friend who has a YouTube channel and can take good pictures with smartphones. Here is a link to one of his videos with a review of a smartphone adapter for telescopes.
Thats very cool , i have been thinking about buying one but my parents wont approve of that as of now but thank you very much for the advice
 
PhysicsEnjoyer31415 said:
Thats very cool , i have been thinking about buying one but my parents wont approve of that as of now but thank you very much for the advice
He has a lot of information in his channel for the amateur astronomer. Much of it is about repairing/refurbishing telescopes.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: PhysicsEnjoyer31415
PhysicsEnjoyer31415 said:
TL;DR Summary: This was few months ago , i have a celestron 50az powerseeker telescope and i have the skysafari app which i use to view direction and stuff. I took these blurry photos by putting my phone camera on my lens directly(if its blurry its either my hand moving or the light pollution,also street lights are orange blue ).Just wanted to put these out there . I am very new to astrophotography and have zero experience and do it just for the fun so please dont judge the quality of the images.Enjoy!

View attachment 345732

Hi, here's an excellent guide which you may find useful:

A Guide to Smartphone Astrophotography (NASA)​

https://science.nasa.gov/learn/heat/resource/a-guide-to-smartphone-astrophotography/

Direct link to the PDF guide: https://science.nasa.gov/wp-content/uploads/2023/09/Astrophotography_Guide.pdf

(it can be downloaded and read on your tablet/phone/computer)

🙂
 
  • Like
  • Informative
Likes   Reactions: berkeman, PhysicsEnjoyer31415 and FactChecker