My problem in Internet Exploree 7

• Thread starter rkm-87
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Internet
In summary, the conversation discusses a recurring problem with Internet Explorer crashing and the option to send an error report to Microsoft for improvement. The suggestion is made to try using Firefox instead and the speaker also mentions their own issue with IE6.
rkm-87
This problem always appear for me why?

Internet Explorer has encountered problem and needs to close

If you were in middle of something the information you were working on might be lost

Please tell microsoft about this Problem

We have created an error report that you can send to help us improve internet explorer .we will treat this report as confedential and anonymous

Computer science news on Phys.org
Does this happen as soon as you run IE or just when visiting a site with specific content?

It would be great if you could post the contents of the error report.
Meanwhile, give firefox a go ;)

rkm-87 said:
This problem always appear for me why?

Internet Explorer has encountered problem and needs to close

If you were in middle of something the information you were working on might be lost

Please tell microsoft about this Problem

We have created an error report that you can send to help us improve internet explorer .we will treat this report as confedential and anonymous
Interestingly, this is the same problem I'm having with IE6 at the moment, but then I expect such problems from a MS product. My OS (an upgrade to XP-SP2 from original XP-SP1) is hosed, so I'll have to buy a new PC and fix this one (probably fresh install, since I'm certain a repair will not work) for a backup.

1. Why is Internet Explorer 7 not working properly on my computer?

There could be several reasons why Internet Explorer 7 is not working properly on your computer. It could be due to outdated software, corrupted files, or conflicts with other programs. It is also possible that your computer does not meet the minimum system requirements for IE7. It is recommended to update your software and run a virus scan to address any potential issues.

2. How can I fix the frequent crashes and slow performance of Internet Explorer 7?

Frequent crashes and slow performance in IE7 could be caused by a variety of factors, such as low system resources, outdated browser settings, or incompatible add-ons. You can try clearing your browser history and cache, disabling unnecessary add-ons, or updating your browser settings to help improve performance. You may also consider upgrading to a newer version of Internet Explorer or switching to a different browser altogether.

3. Is it safe to use Internet Explorer 7 for online transactions and sensitive information?

While Internet Explorer 7 is a secure browser, it is not the most up-to-date version and may not have all the necessary security features to protect your sensitive information. It is recommended to upgrade to a newer version of Internet Explorer or switch to a more secure browser such as Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox for online transactions and sensitive information.

4. How can I change the default search engine in Internet Explorer 7?

To change the default search engine in Internet Explorer 7, click on the 'Tools' menu, then select 'Manage Add-ons'. From there, click on 'Search Providers' and select the search engine you want to set as default. You can also add new search engines by clicking on 'Find more search providers' at the bottom of the list.

5. Can I customize the toolbar and menu options in Internet Explorer 7?

Yes, you can customize the toolbar and menu options in Internet Explorer 7. Right-click on the toolbar and select 'Customize' to add or remove buttons from the toolbar. You can also rearrange the buttons on the toolbar by dragging and dropping them. To customize the menu options, click on the 'Tools' menu and select 'Toolbars'. From there, you can add or remove items from the menu.